This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEMORIAL STATUE IN NYC

Can anyone please tell me the location of the memorial statue that is in NYC that was on it's way to Missouri?

Thank You

Having dinner last night with Battalion Chief Mike Brown Virginia Beach FD, VA Task Force 2 FEMA , He and one other Task force member of VA -2 spend three wks at WTC. I was looking at some photos he had and I am sure the memorial statue you are refering too was in one of his photos. Mike told me it was five times live size and was an awsome site to see in the middle of the road near the WTC site. He said it was brought in on a trailer and left there, still on the trailer. I remember it being bronze. a firefighter with air pac kneeling down. People had placed flowers all over it. Very grim site.
    Retired VBFD 08/31/98, VBFD Badge 115, Charter Union member local 2924

Comment

I believe it is still in front of the Milford Plaza hotel, on Eigth Ave. and I think, 48th or 49th street. Call the hotel and ask. I'm almost positive it is still at that location.

Comment

Thank you both. This is the one that i was looking for. I am going into the city to help support the economy. My mother was very interested in seeing this. THANKS AGAIN....

Stay safe.

Comment

SOML: Let me know what u think... The pictures I saw I am sure do nothing as compaired to seeing it in person.
          Retired VBFD 08/31/98, VBFD Badge 115, Charter Union member local 2924

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X