Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Need in the Fire Service Today?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personnel!
    The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

It has got to be funding. Given enough money, I can setup flashy recruiting campaigns, buy state-of-the-art equipment, pay for and give incentives for attending basic, advanced and specialized training, invest in effective fire prevention activities, and so forth.

Without it, it's hard to just get bodies in the door and figure out what to do with them when they get there.

Comment

My opinion is the education of the public. We need to educate the public in what we do. Sadly, to say before the WTC terrorist attack, a lot of the public thought that many fire departments just sat around doing nothing much of anything, maybe washing and shining the fire equipment. Many had no idea of the other services that we do other than extinguish fires. A good bit of the public never cared about the fire department or for the matter any emergency services until they needed them. I believe that now, we must continue our efforts to show and tell them what we do. I believe that with good education of the public, we may be able to get much needed funding for training, specialized equipment that will be needed in the future. I am sad too, by the thought that it most always takes a disaster to wake up the public to our needs. Hopefully we will get more money on the local and national as well as state levels.
        Thanks for letting me spout off.
        Larry Cook
        Firefighter
        Llano, Texas 78643

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader