X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthrax Scares

Looking for opinions on this one.
    Are these acts acts of international terrorists or are these coming from people within our own country?
    I hate to point the finger at us, but it kina makes you wonder just a little.
    No matter who is behind this they need to pay the maximum penalty.
    JMD

I'd be willing to believe that the ones at major media and congress are true international terrorists..but I think the ones at planned parenthood, small businesses and individuals are the work of other groups utilizing the 'opportunity' to make their point.

There are a lot of 'wanna-be'terrorists out there that will jump on the bandwagon. I think that for those of us not in high risk areas (for the international guys) will have to deal with a lot of these.

They will be real issues, many with real anthrax that have to be dealt with - we just can't get complacent.
    Susan Lounsbury
    Winston-Salem Rescue Squad
    Griffith Volunteer FD

Comment

hazmat 112,
      I agree, it does make you think. My opinion is this- in the grand scheme of things I would rather contract or be exposed to anthrax than be exposed some of the other chemical and biological agents that are out there(cnn has the best summary I have see thus far of potential chemical and biological threats www.cnn.com/interactive/us/0109/biochem.terrorism/anthrax or http://www.cnn.com/interactive/us/01...sm/sulfur.html ). Why anthrax is certainly a horriable disease, there is a antibiotic for it that works majority of the time. Whoever is doing this should face the maximum penatlies and that should go without saying. Whoever it is, all we can do is prepare the best we know how and use extreme caution on any scene that has any suspicious tone to it. Thats my opinion ! Stay Safe!!

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Ross Johnson ]

Brookside Engine Company, (NJ)-Captain
      Morristown(NJ) Fire Department-FF
      Mendham Township First Aid(NJ)-EMT- Officer

These views are my own and do not reflect those of these departments

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse