This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nyfd.com rift with firehouse.com

Ok, I see NYFD.COM has been deleted from the "Related sites" category of FDNY and WTC on firehouse.com. NYFD.COM has a very strong statement on their website. Seems like issue may be associated with WTC donations and which fund is being promoted. This form of public squabbling seems very petty.

Does anyone have any insights ?

Joe

Hello all

We had written a really lengthy reply here but here's the bottom line:

Another site was upset because they felt they should have been linked from every, or just about every story, related to the WTC. That same site was linked since Sept. 15 from our http://www.firehouse.com/terrorist/index.html and other locations. They were never removed for any reason, and any statement otherwise is false.

We're sorry they felt the need to make public something like demanding to be linked to every single story, and take it personally when we link to an OFFICIAL fire department page which includes comprehensive funeral/memorial information, and not to their one, which merely links elsewhere for the same information.

Again, while we never saw what was posted on the other site or why they chose to do so, the bottom line is today the webmaster of that site indicated he was upset because we didn't link to him enough. Given all of our coverage, and efforts with the WTC coverage, we are stunned by someone going out of their way to attack us for something as simple and unimportant as this.

Any other rationale is simply wrong and for it to be suggested inappropriate.

Thanks for your support
    WebTeam

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: WebTeam ]

Comment

Keep up the good work webteam! You have done a fantastic job with the coverage of the WTC disaster. I constantly look at the FDNY sites for new information on brothers that have been found or when funerals are announced. I found that the OFFICIAL SITE and the UFA site were the two best. They kept up constantly with updates and had correct information. I thank them for a job well done as well.

NYFD.com is an excellent site for information on the department!! However, these two sites had better up to date information that most people were looking for.

Once again, thanks for a job well done.

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: sconfire ]
      Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
      North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
      "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
      www.legacyofheroes.org
      www.firehistory.org
      www.sconfire.com

Comment

YES

IT'S FDNY

NOT NYFD

CAPTAIN 12

Comment

Cap,
          The website we are talking about is called NYFD.com

That is the only thing I meant was to distinguish this site by it's proper name.

In fact on NYFD.com is a section that discusses the reason why FDNY is called FDNY!

I am not sure why Mr. Van Holt used NYFD.com
          I know that FDNY.com goes to some site under construction that asks you to use Korean text.
          FDNY.org goes to the official site for the department.

I guess NYFD was the next logical choice.

I hope this clears up this on my side.
          Always remember the CHARLESTON 9

Captain Grant Mishoe, Curator of History
          North Charleston and American LaFrance Fire Museum
          "You'll never know where you're going until you remember where you came from"
          www.legacyofheroes.org
          www.firehistory.org
          www.sconfire.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse