This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Credits Fast?!?!?

Listen Brothers, I need college credits fast anyone know the best way...please post and let me know time is of the essence.

Not to be a smart ***...

But you need to go to college to get college credits and a full semester usually runs about 3-4 months.

If it were summertime you could probably cram in some summer classes at the local community college...but again...they don't just give out credits and no...you're not going to get 3 credits for a class you take at the local fire school over the course of one weekend.

Good Luck
    Mike DeVuono
    FF/EMT

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

Comment

You should have some college credits for any NFA classes you've had in the last year or so. I think they're 1 credit hour per class.
      Jim Edge, Paramedic/Firefighter
      Wilmington NC
      [email protected]
      In Memory and Honor of FDNY, NYPD, and NYC EMS 9/11/01

Comment

The above posting is right, but you need a way to get them into the system. Call the college or university in your area and talk to the Board of Regent represenative. They will have an ACE acretidation book that list every course or class that is recognized, even state level if your state has ACE courses.

Comment

You can't get college credits fast -- that's kind of the whole point behind college... You can't do it quickly---

Most Associates degrees are 60+ credits, and Bachelors degrees are 120+ credits.

Why do you need these credits 'fast'??

Comment

How many do you need?, you can submit your fire training and get credits from that as well as EMT. But as for regular college classes they are long you can expect to get 12-15 credits a semester.

Comment

Talk to your local college or university about DANTES and CLEP tests.
              Brad L. Meyer, FF/EMT-P, MHA
              [email protected]
              www.myspace.com/iamedic

Comment

I would guess BFDChiefs needs 30 college credits. I would also guess, due to recent events and the need for the FDNY to hire a good number of people, he now finds himself short of the required 30 credits to get hired from the last test. Taking two classes per semester, it has taken me almost five years to get my AS degree.Good luck.

Comment

Wv-engineer is right, if you have any type of NFA credits you will need to be able to have them placed on a transcript from a college or university. Most all universities and colleges will only place those type of credits on your transcript AFTER you have compiled a minimum of 12 credit hours from their institution. That would be considered a full semester and usually 3 courses for 12 credit hours. I do know that you could get college credits through correspondence courses as well. Pikes Peak, Co is one institution that comes to mind for this. However, you will have to go through the material, and take the tests to complete the course before getting any credits, which still takes much time and effort on your part.

Not to lecture but, an education cannot be bought; it is a process that one must move through. College credits are only proof of that process.

Good Luck to you

Comment

ok I did a little checking on this subject before I decided to post.
                    I just checked with my college adviser, he said you can get college credit or life experience credit for classes.
                    So if you want ot find out if you can at the school of your choice you have to find the division in charge of that area.
                    like for credit in the sciene area you have to find the science offices.
                    and for like PE you would have to find the Physical Activities office.
                    in short you have to goto each division to see if they will allow you to get credit for your experience.

note - not all schools support this - so find out before you goto the school

hope this helps
                    [FDBS]Wray

Comment

When I went for my B.S. degree, I got several credits for Fire COurses like FFII and Oficer I ect, aslo got 3 credits ofor work experience, check with your school on these options, any thing else you'll have to sit the semster.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X