This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anybody dine out 10/11/01

Did anyone observe the national "dine out" tonight?I took my family to a Red Lobster tonight because they're donating 10% of profits to the Red Cross Relief Fund. With 3 kids, we don't usually eat out that often, but tonight it was worth it, plus the time spent watching my wife enjoy not having to cook and my kids eating what they wanted. God Bless America. Is this a great country or what!
    See you on the big one
    Billy Reiter, 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

All the Furr's restaurants gave free meals today to all Fire/police/EMS in uniform. We took advantage of it. My wife came with me, so I had to pay for her, but it was a nice dining experience.
    It was nice also, because several people told me how much they appreciate the firefighters in our town.

be safe brothers
    Be safe brothers

Comment

I am out of touch I guess...did not even hear about it until 6pm tonight and I had already eaten....

Stan
      09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
      ------------------------------
      IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
      "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
      BMI Investigator
      ------------------------------
      The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Captstanm1, I didn't know about it either till browsing the MSN Home page yesterday afternoon. So I called home and my oldest daughter started making phone calls to find out what resturants were participating. It should've been better promoted considering where the money is going. God Bless you all!

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: Chaplain 41 ]

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: Chaplain 41 ]
        See you on the big one!<br />Billy Reiter 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Comment

I got a group from work to go for lunch at a local place yesterday - most of the area resturants were participating at all 3 meals.
          Susan Lounsbury
          Winston-Salem Rescue Squad
          Griffith Volunteer FD

Comment

I went out to one of the Ruby Tuesdays and the place was packed. Loads of people were ordering their food to go. The amazing thing I saw was people were adding extra money to their tab for a donation, one person I saw added an extra $100 donation!
            This what I think and doesn't reflect anyone elese opinion.

Comment

I didn't eat out but I happened upon the Swatch Watch website to browse and the first thing that popped up was ALL proceeds from US sales (Net and stores) for 10-11-01 would be donated to the NY Police and Firefighter's widows fund. I bought a $40 watch.
              "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
              -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Actually the *dine out* was for the *Window of Hope*! it was done for the food and beverage people who worked in the tower and lost their lives, they mostly worked at the *windows on the world* restruant, From what I understand they mostly did not have insurance, benefits were not available from the employer! So Executive Chef, Michael Lamonca post this idea on the *epicurious* web site. The people who lost their lives would not have normally been ther at that hour, but they were catering the breakfast on the 107th floor. I believe they were on like the 90th floor or somewhere in that area!

*All Gave Some, Some Gave All* >
                Just Me

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...