This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefighter lisence plate for personal car or truck

i was wondering if anyone else has them.
    Mine is
    WILDFF= either Wild Firefighter(meaning i'm kinda of crazy firefighter)
    or Wildfire Fighter(like the big fires i'm gonna go for training soon)

In the state of VA we have both FD tags ( have a blue maltese cross with FD in the center) for vollies and an IAFF red logo with pro firefighter on the bottom. Mine has the IAff logo on the left side and
    MDL-HNR....figure it out?

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: cliebold ]
    Retired VBFD 08/31/98, VBFD Badge 115, Charter Union member local 2924

Comment

saw one to today
      Union logo on left and LAYN IN

Comment

and another a retired firefighter with union logo and WASONE

Comment

Originally posted by cliebold:
          In the state of VA we have both FD tags ( have a blue maltese cross with FD in the center) for vollies and an IAFF red logo with pro firefighter on the bottom
          What does it say on the bottom of a volunteer's license plate???
          Richard Nester
          Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

Former Lieutenant of mine and his college buddies from different New England states each got the same vanity plate: BLEVE
            IACOJ Canine Officer
            20/50

Comment

In NC you can get various FF plates with maltese crosses and such, the IAFF logo that have symbols on the left side with a plate number to the right.

You can also get 'Volunteer Firefighter', 'Rescue Squad' or 'Firefighter Rescue Squad' plates that have that written on the left side with a plate number on the right. They all just say North Carolina on the bottom.
              Susan Lounsbury
              Winston-Salem Rescue Squad
              Griffith Volunteer FD

Comment

NJ issues fire fighter plates but you cannot customize them...it is a number and letter..maltese cross...a number and a letter. Pretty boring but it says FIRE FIGHTER on them and the Maltese is huge so I guess they are OK.
                Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

The Rhode Island General Assembley voted down a bill to issue FF plates. (Instead we all get to have the boring blue wave that looks like a bottle opener.) We stick IAFF emblems to the corner of ours to show our pride.

Comment

i was gonna get a volunteer firefighter plates but you have to fill out a bunch more paperwork so i got the new ohio bi-centinal(i know it's spelled wrong) plates.I didn't have time to fill out all that other crap.
                    on ohio volunteer ff plates it says
                    volunteer firefighter. I don't remember seeing a plate for full timers.

Comment

MetalMedic

The 2 FF Plates in Va are as follows:

Volunteer / or non IAFF

Professional Firefighter (IAFF)

There is also a Rescue Squad (EMS) plate. It looks like the vollie FF plate except it has RS inside a star of life & rescue squad across the bottom.

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                      Stephen
                      FF/Paramedic

Almost forgot to list my own plate. Anyone care to take a guess first ??

Close - it's N2DF1RE
                      (Someone already had it with the I )

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: N2DFire ]
                      Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                      Stephen
                      FF/Paramedic
                      Instructor

Comment

My cousin's says HOSE KING

Comment

Go here to see pics of plates for Fire, Rescue, and First Aid in NJ....
                          http://www.state.nj.us/mvs/specalF.htm

I believe that the paid companies each have their own individual license plates that are issued to their members upon hiring. I have seen some for Newark Fire and they are pretty similar to the volunteer ones here but they say NEWARK FIRE DEPARTMENT, with the Maltese and then underneath it says FIREFIGHTER.
                          Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

In California, active or retired firefighters can get this one, and can get it personalized with up to six letters.

The picture on the left side is the one from the movie, Backdraft.
                            Living the dream...

Comment

Professional Firefighter -- aren't we all that??? I'm a little insulted with VA's plates....Maybe they should read paid firefighter....

I like the CA plate -- that's sharp. NY has them, too, but too plan for my taste.
                              "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
                              -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X