This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY vs. NYFD vs. NYCFD

Many people are donating funds to the firefighters, police, and rescure worker's families that were lost in the WTC on 09-11-01. I am asking that you please double and triple check the organization before you send any money to them....there are a number of scams going on. It is so sad to see that thieves don't stop even in a time like this. 1) Verify that the fund states the money is going to either the FDNY or the NYPD. These are the official abbreviations for the Fire Department of New York and the New York Police Department. There is no NYFD or NYCFD. 2) Find out what percentage of the money is going to the families...some organizations are offering less than 20% to the families. 3) The Twin Towers Fund is for both Police and Fire, the Relief Fund is for Fire only. 4) There are some other funds out there but these two seem to be the best ones so far.

Thank you and God Bless.
    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

The UFA Widows and Childrens Fund/WTC is also legit and goes to the FDNY's widows and children.
    Captain/EMT-P

Comment

Thanks Rescue....I looked at this and it looks like a wonderful fund to donate to. Thanks again.
      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

To follow up on Rescue21's post,
        100% of the money donated to the following will go to the families of our fallen.

Uniformed Firefighter‘s Association
        204 East 23rd Street
        New York, New York 10010
        C/O: UFA Widows' and Children's Fund

Comment

Thats good to know that they are donating 100% of the money people donate to the ones who need it.
          We should definetly be careful who we donate to. Some people are looking to capitalize on others misfortunes and it is up to each one of to make sure that the organization we are donating to is a ligitimate one and not some foney just trying to make a quick buck.

Comment

I donated my money over the IAFF's web page...I'll assume that all of this money is going to the families correct?
            Mike DeVuono
            FF/EMT

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

Comment

Mike:

Yes to my knowledge this is part of the Relief Fund where 100% goes the families. I believe the IAFF started the 911 Relief Fund on Sept. 11th knowing that the loss of life would be great. Thanks.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X