This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does P.A.S.S. stand for?

I was told to investigate this topic. Any available information is appreciated.

PASS = Personal Alert Safety System......ya know, those alarms on your mask, tells who stands around and who works!
    FTM - PTB

Comment

In addition to what 51 Truck-K said, it is also an pnemonic for using a portable fire extinguisher...
      Pull the pin
      Aim the extinguisher
      Squeeze the handle
      Sweep the base of the fire

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Captain Gonzo ]
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

....I had a bad case of pnemonic once.....
        Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
        Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
        Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
        — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X