This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Firefighters Day.

I have received an email stating that they wanted to create a nationa holiday for 9-11 and call it national firefighters day. I am wondering if anyone else has heard of this and what your feelings are about this.

Thanks and God Bless those who were lost in NY and DC.

International Firefighters Day is currently May 4th.

Comment

I haven't herd of this but maybe that would get us a free day off work . But I'd support whoever wanted it signed. not only to focus on our fallen brothers and sister plus a way of thanking our current people on the f.d.

Comment

May 15th and National Peace Officer Memorial Day.. and that week is usually observed as "Police Week". I have often wonderd why some day during Fire Prevention Week is not designated as a Firefighter Memorial Day. As for a 9-11 day to remember the firefighters lost, while I support the concept, I fear we are missing the woods for looking at the trees. We lost more than firefighters on 9-11. Along with the police and EMS workers, we must never forget the THOUSANDS of civilians also lost. While it is true that the public safety workers went beyond the call of duty... 9-11 is a National Tragedy that should be remembered in its totality.
        Richard Nester
        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

Every day should be a firefighter day.

People should think of them every day, not on one inparticular day!
          "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
          -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Originally posted by E229lt:
            International Firefighters Day is currently May 4th.
            Thanks for the info...I never knew that. I've gotten that e-mail several times and I've deleted it....

As with everything on the internet it's merely a hoax or something somebody started with good intention but it is virtually impossible to keep track of signatures and duplicate signatures etc.

I like the idea of a FF Memorial Day...as far as a day honoring me, my colleagues, and everyone else on the job...I don't care. I don't need a day on the calendar to love what I do.
            Mike DeVuono
            FF/EMT

"There are few atheists inside a burning building."

These are my opinions and not those of my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X