This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire fighter

When you are sad...I will dry your tears.
    When you are scared...I will comfort your fears.
    When you are worried...I will give you hope.
    When you are confused...I will help you cope.
    And when you are lost...And you can't see the light.
    I shall be your beacon...Shining ever so bright.
    This is my oath...I pledge till the end.
    Why, you may ask?...Because I am a firefighter

Comment

God bless all those firefighters who risked and still are risking their lives to save others'. I pray that God will continually give you courage and strength. Although I am not American and am not from the USA, I thank you for your tireless efforts and your selfless acts. You really are heroes and you inspire everyone everywhere.

R.S., Philippines

Comment

FROM ALL THE FIREFIGHTERS IN THE MAURICE VOL FIRE DEPT. IN MAURICE, LA. WE SEND OUR LOVE AND RESPECT TO ALL OUR FALLEN BROTHERS IN FDNY, AND PDNY. JUST TWO YEARDS AGO WE LOST OUR FIRE CHEIF, ( CHEIF FRED BROUSSARD ). TRUST ME WE FEEL YOUR PAIN.TO MY BROTHERS IN FDNY,KEEP YOUR HEAD UP HIGH. TO ALL FIREMEN, AND POLICE OFFICERS THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT YOU HAVE GIVEN TO FDNY.GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND GOD BLESS THE USA.
        FIREFIGHTER FOR LIFE

Comment

Today is the first day I have been able to sit down and post my thoughts and feelings about this tragedy.

My crew and I were on duty when this happened. We were sitting around the table, drinking coffee and watching the news as usual, when they showed breaking news about the first plane crash and resulting fire in the first tower. We were under the impression it was a small plane and were talking about how big of a job that high rise fire was going to be. We also commented that FDNY would handle it because they are one of the best at high rise jobs. As we were talking and joking about how we don't even know what a real high rise is, (our highest building is 7 stories), we saw the second plane hit the other tower "LIVE". The mood around the station totally changed from joking and wishing we had a fire to horror, shock and disbelief. It only got worse as the day went on.

I have had people ask why the firefighters stayed in the building even after the second plane hit. We tried to explain it to them, but I think a quote from Edward Crocker - Chief of Department FDNY 1899-1911 explains it best.

"I have no ambition in this world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position may, in the eyes of some, appear to be a lowly one; but we who know the work which a fireman has to do, believe his is a nobile calling. Our proudest moment is to save ... Lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts the nobility of the occupation thrills us and stimulates us to Deeds of Daring, even of Supreme Sacrifice."

Remember who we are and what we stand for. God bless each of us to remember the sacrifices made and the honor and duty of our profession.
          Firefighter/Paramedic Ron Sanders
          Midvale Fire Department
          Medic Ambulance 22 - A Platoon

Firefighters, Walking where the Devil Danced!

This is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Personal Website: http://RonSanders.Biz Check it Out!

Comment

We remember our American comrades, who have lost their life in exercise of their service after the terror-attack in New York. However, we also mourn with the members in these difficult hours.
            Jens Bulmahn
            FD Schieder-Schwalenberg
            Germany

Comment

In the midst of this sorrow we all stand together. May the fallen heroes of NYC inspire us in our work and never be forgotten.

To the families of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice and to those who are still working hard in the rescue and recovery effort, we on the Uinta National Forest fire crews extend our sympathy and support. God bless you all.

Melissa

Comment

I'm Free

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
                I'm following the path God laid for me.
                I took his hand when I heard him call
                I turned my back and left it all.
                I could not stay another day.
                To laugh, to love, to work or play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way,
                I found that peace at close of day.
                If my parting has left a void,
                Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
                Ah yes, these things I too will miss.
                Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
                I wish you sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I've savored much,
                Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
                Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
                Lift up your hearts and share with me,
                God wanted me now;

He set me free.

Comment

HERE'S A STORY FOR YOU!
                  MY FIANCE IS A FIREMAN/EMT. SO WE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO GET MARRIED ON A DAY THAT WOULD GIVE US AN EASY NUMERIC FOR HIM TO REMEMBER. YES, WE WERE MARRIED ON SEPT.11 (9-11) NOW EVERYONE WILL (UNFORTUNATLEY) REMEMBER OUR ANNIVERSARY.
                  ALL MY LOVE GOES OUT TO ALL FIREMEN EVERYWHERE.
                  AND ALSO LOVE AND PRAYERS FROM ONE FIREWIFE TO ALL OTHERS.(OUR JOB JUST MIGHT BE TOUGHER)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X