X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hazmat112
    replied
    I think our reaction to the attacks is very well thought out, we are not lashing out, we are finally standing shoulder to shoulder and doing the right thing.
    As we all know there will be some "collateral damage"... it's an unavoidable consequence of war.
    We are dropping food to the innocent people and dropping bombs on the guilty.... that's the way it should be.
    The time has come for us to stand and deliver, and we are doing that very well.
    Not every Afghani is a terrorist, nor is every muslim..... sometimes that's a little hard to remember ( at least for me ) but we need to stay focused.
    Be safe everyone, keep your guard up and be safe.
    As I have quoted before.... "Remember our fallen comerades, and NEVER forget who did this!"

Leave a comment:

• joejoe33
    replied
    First of all we love George here in Texas. He's got difficult job, but is doing just fine in my opinion.
    Like most of my brothers I have felt hurt, angry, frustrated, and definetly wanting some payback for September 11th.
    I don't understand these anti-war protesters. They say war and violence isn't the answer. I say B.S. Give these terrorists something they understand. Bomb them forty days and forty nights like Iraq. I do feel a little sympathy for innocent muslum people I'll call collateral damage. Some people forget how we helped the muslum people of Croatia and Bosnia. But the muslums just have not been vocal enough in my opinion against Osama bin Laden and his bunch.
    I now keep our armed forces in my prayers.
    One of my brother firefighters here is shipping out to Saudi Arabia for 12 to 18 months with Navy Special Ops. We pray for his safe return and God's speed in the job ahead of him.

God Bless My Brothers and Sisters

Leave a comment:

• Dalmatian90
    replied
    The thing that I don't understand is that we drop food on them and then drop bombs on them. Even more perplexing is that: if the Taliban has been able to control the millions of people in that country; you know, those that are being persecuted, then how do we know that the food is getting to the right people? Are we feeding the enemy?

The Taliban is a very small organization, probably 60,000 +/- troops. They control a population that after 20 years of war have little resources to do anything else.

It doesn't matter if our humanitarian rations get to the Taliban or not. They'll have food irregardless, so it's not helping them. It may help the non-Talibans if the food does make to them. No negatives, possibly a positive to dropping the food.

Leave a comment:

• Chief Reason
    replied
    I guess we are going to find out how good the fire departments in Afghanistan are!
    The thing that I don't understand is that we drop food on them and then drop bombs on them. Even more perplexing is that: if the Taliban has been able to control the millions of people in that country; you know, those that are being persecuted, then how do we know that the food is getting to the right people? Are we feeding the enemy?
    They have already been screaming that innocent people have died from the bombings, but it's just like General Schwartzkopf said; you don't know if what you are seeing are "innocent civilians" or people killed by the Taliban. How true! I am not for the indiscriminate killing of a people, but if they haven't left by now, you have to wonder just how innocent they are. I believe that if the Afghans don't like their situation, they can change it. It all starts with a plan. Remember that David killed Goliath with a rock! So rock on Afghanistan. Throw a rock; take his gun and then get another gun and then another and so on. If they want to quit selling us oil, fine; I hope they like pouring oil on their breakfast cereal!
    We have smart pilots and smart bombs. I am confident that civilian casualties will be next to zero. But don't forget what Saddam did; he used women and children as shields.
    We have a legitimate reason to do what we are doing. And to those who are against this action; you are entitled to your opinion. You have that right and it is a right that has been defended for centuries by our soldiers, so remember that when you open your mouths. You want to do what's right; go give blood. Those "peaceful" demonstrations can get bloody sometimes.
    My opinions are mine and mine alone. No matter what the discussion be, you always have the right to disagree!
    Be safe.

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    1) I AGREE I WAS A BIT HARSH!!! SORRY!!!

2) I MAY SOUND RACIST... BUT I'M NOT!!!

3) MISSOURI ISN'T A BAD PLACE TO LIVE

4) I IN NO WAY IN HELL WOULD EVER SUPPORT THE KKK OR ANY EXTREMIST GROUP

5) I DON'T HATE ALL MUSLIMS... JUST THE ONES I SEE BURNING THE FLAG I LOVE SO MUCH AND CHEERING FOR KILLING SO MANY OF OUR OWN

6) THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT I SAID AND I'M GONNA STICK BY IT!!!!!

7) GOD BLESS THE U.S.!!!!!!!

8) I NEVER BLAMED THEM ALL... MAYBE I DIDN'T CLARIFY IT BUT YOU ALL KNOW WHICH ONES OF THEM I'M TALKING ABOUT

9) BELIEVE WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT ME... BUT YOU CAN STICK IT AND STAY IN OHIO!!

10) RIGHT BACK AT YA!!!

Leave a comment:

• larry cook
    replied
    I beleive that we are not bombing any particular people but terrorist, whoever they may be. I beleive that Bush does not want to do away with any country or all of itd citizens. The Taliban have supported Bin Laden in the past. Not all Afganitanies are Taliban, we are not after them. I interpet our war on terrorism to mean that we will go after terrorist where ever they may be. What ever country that may harbor them. Lybia, Iraq, Iran and others. This war on terrorism, I am afraid will not be in just one country. I fear that in America, we will have some fighting. I pray that it will never happen here. Larry

Leave a comment:

• firedog11ku
    replied
    The world has made the right decision in deciding to go after these COWARDS. They are the bullies of the mid-east. They pick on the poor, starving people who, by the way, have the same religon as themselves. This is no jihad. They broke the on of the sacred laws of jihad by intentionally killing innocent people and attacking a civilian target. The only reason that they defeated the USSR was because we gave them the firepower to do it. without our help they would have burned.

May our soldiers, at home and afar, come home safe and in one piece. God Bless.

Leave a comment:

• UAF
    replied
    1) PATRIOTISM IS NOT RACISM

2) TruroFAO, you're on the money.

Leave a comment:

• Chaplain 41
    replied
    I saw on CNN this morning (about 0500 hrs) some video on board one of our carriers. The good guys were loading Tomahawks on jet fighters, and one of the good guys had wrote with black marker, " to bin laden for the FDNY and NYPD" I got goose bumps. I'm 100% behind our President, our Troops, and you all. Please join me in praying for our pilot's, seaborne and ground troops, and for each other. In the meantime, be safe!

Leave a comment:

• kfd232
    replied
    First let me say I am in full support of military action against the Taliban and Osama bin Laden. I am glad that we have struck the first return punch to them.

I am saddened by how the people of Afghanistan have been treated for many many years. They have almost no health care. hardly any food. and they are constantly living in a war condition. I am glad that we have been providing food and supplies to them. The people themselves don't hate America, and I hope that we are able to root out the "evildoers", not kill lots of innocent civilians.

All in all:
    Let the ones who deserve to die... DIE!
    Let the ones who deserve a new life... LIVE!

Thank God for our country and the freedom we have here. As one Afghan said "In America, they are eating chicken, all we want is a piece of bread."

be safe brothers

Leave a comment:

• captstanm1
    replied
    E229Lt.......Outstanding...that pretty much sums it up!

Leave a comment:

• TruroFAO
    replied
    The attacks on AfgHanistan...
    To the kind gentleman from the Ozarks....

Fine to hate Middle Easterners, but you better not hate them for long...If Bush hates them and the west hates them, all they need to do it shut off the oil pipelines and you can't afford to drive anymore.

The attacks on the Taliban and the Al Qaida are certainly justified, but keep in mind that the 'SAND FLEAS', the citizens of Afghanistan, are not in support of either group, nor the Northern Alliance. The Taliban is a REGIME, not a government. They rule by brutality and intimidation. The 'SAND FLEAS' are trying to flee for their very lives. It would be like if some extermist KKK group took over Missouri and President Bush bombed the entire state instead of the individuals responsible.

One should not be so quick to dismiss the Taliban and Al Qaida. They did beat back an invasion attempt by the Soviet Union in the 1980's. Both groups deserve everything the US and our allies can dish out- no question about it. But too many CIVILIANS have died already- lets BE SURE that we get the right people- that is Bin Laden, and the other members of the Al Qaida network and the Taliban regime.

MY opinions...Don't like it? Three words for ya- MOVE TO MISSOURI.

Continued prayers for the FDNY, NYPD and PAPD...

Leave a comment:

• waterboy620
    replied
    ....let the bodies hit the floor.......its about damn time.

Leave a comment:

• ENG 6511
    replied
    I have a 24 year year old Grandson on the Carl Vinson(CV-70) giving them HELL. I only wish I could be there with him to see the returning planes video of the COWARDS getting what they so justly deserve. If any body would like to wish his ship and the men well his email address is: [email protected]

Leave a comment:

• logan
    replied
    i think its a good thing to attack afghanistan to show them (because obviously they dont understand) that we are 100% more powerful than them. What they did was very wrong, and their not going to get away with it. We are Americans. God is watching over us.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X