This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNN Report using IAFF (???) Firefighter Experts

As others I have been riveted to the television, watching...waiting....and listening...crying...you name it.

At around 8:30 AM this morning CNN aired a live interview with a man and a woman identified as being "asked" by the IAFF to describe things going on.

I was INSULTED....They were apparently a team (man an woman)who make and sell training videos. In 28 years in the service I have never heard of them. We heard her tell about how she had a "siezure" from chest pains after being there all day. We heard her basically take a shot at and slam emergency services agencies for not having 10000 multi-filter reswpirators available. We heard her say that the 1000's of rescue workers were not aware of the hazards to their health...

Did anyone else see this? If so...am I off base or am I right. These folks did not have a clue!
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

I missed that one I'll have to watch for it.
    My 2 cents
    I saw on the news where a reporter had a list of items needed bye the rescue workers and multi-filter reswpirators were among them. Other items were Work Gloves, hard hats, gogels, band aids among other things. It was either NBC or ABC but, I'm not 100% on which one. They were suppose to put it on there web site. Also one of the Ambulance services here in PA put a request for cotton socks and work Gloves to be shipped to NY.
    I believe what she fails to realize is the scale of the operation and what it takes to keep it going.

Comment

I saw that interview sometime between 11pm-1am Saturday night...or at least another interview with a male/female rep team from the IAFF (although I thought it was MSNBC, but could have been CNN...they've become blurred over the last few days).

Watching them I had a wierd feeling and my gut reactions was "Firefighters, my a**...their not real".

I was thinking that they went down to NYC just to get on TV and they really didn't represent anyone.
      IACOJ Agitator
      Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...