This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire grant question

Does anyone know if you can use any of this grant money that is being awarded to buy a ladder truck? This question was asked at the station last night and had me wondering. Thanks for your help.

My department applied for and was rejected for an aerial apparatus. There were many criteria under the 2001 program and it stated that engines would be the priority for funding.

We figured that if you did not try you knew the answer would be no, so why not try. We may be buying a used one on our own now, but that will only shift our 2002 attempt to another item on the priority list.

Comment

If you apply for a grant, it must be for some of the following aspects. Training, hiring, apparatus, ppe, fire prevention etc. If you are awarded the grant the department must use that grant in the area specified for it's use. You must also put up matching funds in the majority of grants.

If you were to receive a grant for apparatus, that is the only thing the grant can be spent on.

Comment

I believe you will find that if the new money becomes a reality, a completely revised program will emerge from the short comings and mistakes of the current program you now are discussing. A Washington official with whom I am friendly and represent is involved in the discussions. Believe me, FEMA has gotten the message from us and our various union and association representatives.
        Bob Compton
        IACOJ-Proud
        IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse