Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anyone listen to the FDNY dispatch tapes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Anyone listen to the FDNY dispatch tapes?

Did anyone listen to the FDNY radio tapes yet. That is really sad. You can hear the guy in the first tape calling for help, and that he dosn't have much air left. It kinda sets the whole scene for you and know what they where going there.

Yeah, it made me cry
    Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

What I heard watching CNN was enough for me. Guess I should just buy stock in Kleenex.
      Pepper

Comment

It was really tough to hear. I was deeply moved by the tapes. I have the highest respect for every single person involved in the WTC operations including the dispatchers. I can not imagine what they were feeling while trying to do their jobs tied to a desk unable to vent or even walk away and gather themselves. The whole thing is still just unreal.
        " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

Comment

I understand the intrigue of the tapes, but, to me those tapes are the last words of our fallen comerades, i don't want to hear it. I'm not saying this to be rude, it's just that, personally I can't deal with it anymore.
          No offense meant to anyone, and please don't think I'm coming down on anyone that has listened to the tapes, it's just not my bag of goods.
          Raise a glass to our fallen comerades and send our prayers to their families.
          "Remember our fallen, and NEVER forget who did this!"
          JMD

Comment

I'll come down on someone! The guy with the scanner or ham radio that recorded them and "gave"? them to the media. Then add the media to that.
            Bob Compton
            IACOJ-Proud
            IACOJ-HALL OF FAME-2003

Comment

I made the mistake of listening to them. It'll be weeks before I'll get the sounds out of my dreams. I just hope God is taking good care of our brothers and sisters, friends and family members, and all the other innocents that were killed. As for the souls of the hijacking scum, may they burn.
              Scott Bock
              Lieutenant/Paramedic
              Munson Fire Department
              Munson, Ohio

Comment

I listened with my jaw on the table....makes the hair on my neck rise up! My utmost respect for all those involved.

I have cried way too much in the past 24 days...

I was unable to download the newsday tapes..but the ones on FH.com was enough.
                09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                ------------------------------
                IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                BMI Investigator
                ------------------------------
                The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Being from Bergen County, (10 min. to NYC), I was watching the news channels and listening to Manhattan as this was unfolding. I will NEVER forget some of the things I heard. Watching the towers come down and simultaneously hearing our brothers calls for help will be some thing that will be with me the rest of my life.

Keep safe everyone!!!
                  GRC063

Comment

I listened to the police department tapes. I haven't heard the fire department ones yet, but from what I heard, it was gut wrenching.

Comment

tradgic.

May God bless all the people and families who have lost
                      their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
                      [email protected]

Comment

I have no desire to hear them. To me it is like the "lightrope" ad you know the one that had trans. of the worcester guys saying that they were lost in FH last year VERY BAD TASTE i'd like to meet that "hambo" face to face and ask him how he'd like to hear fellow radio opperator's last transmissions.It is sick and should be pulled off the site.

Comment

I think we are all going to here and see some tragic things coming out of this, There will be training vidoes, tapes and the such. Yes it will tear at our souls when we watch them from the safety of our stations but I DO NOT think these tapes should have been made public. I can think of nothing worse the being a family member and hearing the possible last words of my spouse on the TV for the world to hear!!!!!!!

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: NCFiremedic ]
                          Dean Urquhart
                          I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X