X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: firemonkey70 ]
    YES I AM A PROFESSIONAL FIRE FIGHTER AND YES I AM IN THE UNION

Letter sent. Maybe your chief should put in for the department in Kabul, they'll be looking for one real soon.

"As a firefighter presently holding the position of Lieutenant, I find the Fire Chief's position on the removal of the flag from fire apparatus as a slap in the face to your city's firefighters and the memory of those that gave their live's in the ultimate sacrifice. I have been in the fire service for 29 years and find this policy deplorable to say the least. Please reconsider your chief's decision and put the flag of this proud country back on all apparatus. Your firefighters are a proud and dedicated group and they deserve nothing less than to see the flag waving from their apparatus as a sign of solidarity and pride in their profession and country".

Lt. M. Wilson
    Detroit Fire Department

[ 10-04-2001: Message edited by: FireLt1951 ]

Comment

Whether these were flags affixed to the trucks or decals, your chief needs a BIG slap down from either your union or city hall. I am sending a letter to your city and it will be cival but it wount be nice. I worked in the Murrah Bld doing recovery and the overwhelming support from our communities was very inspiring. I don't care what dept. you were from you were held in high esteem. If a Chief aroung here tried that he would make a profound appology or be replaced. By the way the fire department in Enid OK cannot have "GOD BLESS AMERICA" on their bay doors, some stupid individual complained and instead of sticking to their guns the city is more worried about a lawsuit. I havent heard any in the past week on it, but something will change. Take care and I'm writing a letter next.

Tell your family you love them.

Comment

sent

Comment

AMEN!!! fIRElT1951.

Comment

Done.....let Lt. Godwin know his Brothers in Maryland are on the job.

Comment

#1 Have you talked to your chief to find the reason behind his decision to suddenly remove the flags? He may have been pressured by some citizen(s) that know about the city ordinance. He may have been too angry about it himself to have to face his crews and explain the situation. I don't know his history.

#2 Even if it was his decision, never feel ashamed about being a firefighter just because of his actions. The country understands now, better than ever, what you guys are all about.

#3 They can never keep you out of the public eye. You do you job in public, for everyone to see, unlike the thousands of other jobs that are performed behind closed doors. I'm sure much of it is covered in the news. You shouldn't be concerned about who's watching you, you know in your heart why you're there.

#4 They may not allow stickers or actual flags on vehicles, but could you have one painted on the rig? Put a flag decal on your helmet or stitch a flag patch on your shirt, you'll find a way if you feel the need.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X