This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury problems

My whole life I have had a problem with broken bonescuts, etc., but they always seem to come in groups, not one at a time. Well, this problem has rared it's ugly head again. Last Thursday I got my hand slammed in a pick-up door and missed a day of work. Then the next shift day, we were exercising and I felt a pop in my knee. I finished the final 20hours of work, doing RIT training that night. The Capt. heard me talking to the paramedics and reported it. I was told to get it looked at the next day. I did and they think that I tore my lateral miniscus on my Left knee. I have been told that I can't work for at least a week.

Here's the Q: I am trying to get on with another department and I don't want this to be a bigger problem than it already is. Do I call them and tell them that it is no big deal, or do I just wait and see what happens in the next coupe of weeks.

The department that I am waiting for is where I want to spend the rest of my career and I don't want them to do a background and decide that I'm too injury prone.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Just my thoughts:
    Don't ever try to hide anything from a prospective employer. It will bite you in the ***. I would wait to see how you heal up. Just try to stay in shape and TRY not to get hurt
    Injuries are a big part of a firefighters life. I don't know anyone I work with who hasn't gotten hurt at least several times... be it on the fireground or off.
    I don't think most cities are looking at candidates to see if they are accident prone... unless it is driving accidents

just my mindless midnight ramblings.

be safe brothers
    Be safe brothers

Comment

Back ground checks show workmans comp claims that have been reported. They want to make sure that you arent abusing the system. Just be honest about it.

Comment

You should be straight forward about your injury. Your perspective employer will find out whats going on with it.

I have a chronic problem with my left knee and enlisted the aid of a chiropractor. I spent a great deal of time online at "web md" and other medical sites trying to learn about the problem and its treatment. I learned a great deal and have had some success.

Good luck and be patient.
        Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...