Lion New York Style Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion New York Style Helmet

Hey I just ordered a lion new york style helmet, does anyone out there have one. I know its light It weighs 48 OZ but I wondered about the rest of it. I got it for $136.00 from fire-end. and thats cheap compared to a 1010. so any news?

If you are talking about the Lion Legend. My department issues them. They are a great light weight traditional helmet. I now wear a Paul Conway Leather helmet but still have the Lion in my locker. Just be careful with the head benad inside the helmet, they have been known to break. If this happens feel free to e-mail me and i can send you the new parts. My father is a distributor of Lion. Good luck and God Speed
    My opinion does not reflect on that of my career department, Michael Prescott
    Capt./EMT-B

Comment

Where can I get info on the Lion Helmet? Is there a web address?

Comment

OK...I was curious and found some info at: http://www.fire-end.com/Legend.html

Doesn't look too bad, it's better than a salad bowl anyway. Maybe in black with Bourkes?

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Comment

Yeah I just got my helmet in. I can't beleive how light it is, and the ear flaps are made of advance not just nomex and you can get it with PBI. The only thing I don't like is the leather front is held on by velcro and not a plate like the 1010's. OH well. but a great deal for a 136.00. I just am having a hard time getting the stickers off because I need orange and not lime, anyone have any suggestions. rubbing alcohol isn't working very well.

Comment

There's this stuff called Detachol that I used to use to remove my son's bandages without taking layers of skin with them. Decided to try it on a couple other sticky situations where rubbing alcohol had failed. Worked great with no residue. I got mine through our doctor's office, but I'm sure someone on the department probably has some. If not your local medical supply store or pharmacy should have it.
            Pepper

Comment

parts?

I have a legend and just got promoted to where I can use this helmet again. Does anyone know where I can find parts for it?

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-13-2013, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by ColoradoDave View Post
                  i would ask afd7951 (see post 2)
                  Thank you. I don't know how I missed that post when I originally looked through.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X