This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House fire song

If you are still in the grieving stage of 9-11, this post is not for you. But if you are ready to move on and act like rough and tumble fireman then feel free to scroll down and enjoy another useless post from dear ole me.

Ok, glad you made it. And I dont wanna hear any crap about "this isn't the time" or "you heartless piece of corn poopie" cause I already gave a disclaimer. Anyway, its 3am and Im up .....and Im drinkin...again....and I would like to discuss something. And since I can't call any of my friends cause they are all married and asleep, you have to read about it here. And then write something back. Cause I dont like talking to myself. So dont make me feel stupid! Anyway, here goes. At the risk of sounding like a woo-woo or a ricky responder....what song do you sing in your head while you are fighting a big *** house fire? (see I told you it was useless). I used to squirt water to the beat of "Enter The Sandman" by Metallica but I heard a song last shift driving back to the house from a damn 45 minute transport that will forever be "my house fire song". And yes we have CD players and radio in our medics. But dont tell the chief, he thinks the extra 200 bucks was for an onboard suction unit. Anyway, maybe you've heard of it, maybe you have'nt. Here is the link to the MP3. www.drowningpool.com (click on 'audio' then click on the MP3 thing for 'bodies'). It isn't very Kosher considering what just happened....But oh my God it makes me want to pull sheet rock with my teeth and bust through doors with my head. It is also the song I would play over the loud speakers of a tank rolling through the streets of 'whatever-astan' (since we dont really know which -astan to freaking nuke....I say hit em all...but then agian....Im a biggot-astan). Anyway, if you havent heard it yet and you are into the heavy metal crap, check it out. If not, Ive just wasted 3 minutes of your life and for that I am really sorry.
    My comments posted here do not reflect the views of my department.

Go back to sleep....
    Chief Frank Rizzio
    Pea Ridge Fire Dept.sigpic
    Pea Ridge AR. 72751

Comment

Waterboy620, I heard a song from the Temple of the Dog, it goes, "I don't mind, stealing bread, from the mouth of decadence....". I liked the acoustic guitar but haven't quite got the drift of where the songwriter was coming from. Anyway, I caught myself humming that once while fighting a fire. Couldn't get it out of my head.
      I'm a firefighter/chaplain and available to any FD member and their families, so if you'd like to vent or anything, my e-mail is [email protected] (I play 12 string guitar). I agree with moving on...we got work to do!
      See you on the big one!<br />Billy Reiter 1st Lieutenant/Chaplain available 24 7

Comment

Umm...sometimes Rob Zombie's "Dragula" or Megadeth's "Tornado of Souls"

Comment

Another point for Drowning pool, even though radio stations around here aren't allowed to play it in light of the recent tragedy. Disturbed's "Down with the sickness" can make the big one go by.

-Nick

Comment

Been a while since I was at a working structure fire, so do MVAs count?

If so, here are my two:
            "Highway to hell" by AC/DC
            "Paint it Black" by The Rolling Stones

Rock and Roll.

[ 10-02-2001: Message edited by: firefighter26 ]
            "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Comment

ONE! NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

TWO! NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

THREE! NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

FOUR! NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

ONE SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE

TWO SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE

THREE SOMETHINGS GOT TO GIVE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR LET THE BODIES HIT THE

FLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRR

DUDE THAT SONG ROCKS!!!! THREE PRONGS UP!
              Adam Spencer
              Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
              Nixa Fire District
              Nixa MO 65714

Comment

I definitely agree with Spence, but I love to hear the sweet sound of AC/DC "Back in Black" in my head when it's a s$%@'n and a gettin'.

Comment

Major aggression song!!!
                  But it sticks in the brain!!!

anyway, I always liked the odd song for a good rippin' fire...
                  'it's beginning to look alot like christmas' or 'let there be peace on earth!'

let the bodies hit the floor

rrraaaaaaaahhhh!!

be safe brothers.
                  Be safe brothers

Comment

I caught myself humming Guns n' Roses "COMA" during a code once. And the woman lived!

Comment

Don't make me bring out the heavy artillery and start headbanging!

THAT SONG ROCKS! CMON WHOSE WITH ME...START PRODUCTION ON A CD OF ALL OUR FAVORITE HOUSE FIRE SONGS AND SELL IT FOR PROFIT!!!!

THEN PUT CD PLAYERS IN ALL OUR ENGINES SO WE CAN BE LIKE GOOD OLE 17's ON BACKDRAFT!!!

MAN AM I BORED!!!!!
                      Adam Spencer
                      Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
                      Nixa Fire District
                      Nixa MO 65714

Comment

I would have to say Hell's Bells by AC/DC or something similar...of course, our local rock station did some crazy songs afer 9/11 that have been stuck in my head.

one is to the melody of "Daylight come and me wanna go home"

"Come Mr. Taliban, hand over Bin Laden
                        Daylight come and we drop da bomb
                        said 6 bomb, 7 bomb, 8 bomb, gone!
                        Daylight come and we drop da bomb"
                        Angie

Comment

Yea that song rocks..ONE NOTHING WRONG WITH ME...TWO NOTHING WRONG WITH ME......I often get STP (stone temple pilots for those not familiar) songs stuck in my head like "Wicked Garden"...or "Plush". Those songs rock and make me want to get crazy on that fire and rip stuff apart.
                          Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

sweet song, I got a live burn on sunday I'm gonna have to try it out.

Comment

Hey anyone heard of Tenacious D, They got some pretty funny songs. I suggest listening to them. I saw them on the daily show last week and then downloaded a few songs and they are soo funny.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X