This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlights! What kind do you use?

I'm a firefighter in Maryland, and the Department I'm in is looking at new handlights. Just want to know what kind everybody uses, and how well they hold up?

We use Streamlights-rechargable w/truck mounts. They are pretty durable. Not really sure what other brands are out there, to be honest.
    Hey, stay safe.

Comment

Most of the firefighters on my department use either Kohler Responders or Streamlight Survivor handlights. I have the Survivor, the only complaint I have is that there should be some kind of indicator on it to let you know how much of a charge is left on the battery.
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I personally use a light box attached to my truck belt. It is called a wolf light. It is like the streamlight light box. I have had it for about 5 years so far and the only problem that I have ever had was a broken bulb. It will stay on for about 7 hours. I timed it to make sure. It took a 50ft drop and NO PROBLEMS. Its a great light. I will try to find a web site and post it.

be safe. JB
        These are MY opinions only, not the organizations that I am affiliated with.

Dont forget to wear your "REED"!

Be Safe
        Jerremy Brown

Comment

Found the web site.
          http://www.wolf-safety.com

There is a dealer here in Houston. I do know that HFD uses them also.

The dealer here in Houston is call Safety Lamp of Houston.
          These are MY opinions only, not the organizations that I am affiliated with.

Dont forget to wear your "REED"!

Be Safe
          Jerremy Brown

Comment

We use Streamlight Liteboxes. They are rechargeable and wired into the apparatus. We've had them for a couple of years and they seem to hold up well. Most we've had to replace was a few lenses.
            Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

I have two Streamlight Suvivor handlights with the fast charger, Not one problem yet. (7 yrs and counting) The rigs have the Streamlight Vulcan series Hand Lights. Nice and lightweight with an improved shoulder strap.
              FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

we have streamlight litebox's on all of our rigs, some are 15+ years old
                There are three truths in life:

1. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
                2. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
                3. Two Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Comment

My department uses Streamlight Litebox rechargeables on all our apparatus, with the chargers mounted and wired on the trucks. They have held up really well (some have been in service almost 10 years)and are an excellent light in my opinion. For personal handlights, though, look into Pelican Products line of handlights. They make a wide assortment of personal lights, in all sizes. They really take a beating and have the brightest, best focused beam I've seen. And the best thing is, they have an unconditional lifetime guarantee. So even if YOU screw it up (run over it with a truck, drop it in the fire, whatever) they'll replace it FREE, no questions asked. Can't beat that.
                  Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                  Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
                  Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                  — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Almost forgot, here's the website http://www.pelican.com/
                    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
                    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Our department uses the streamlight that is mounted on the apparatus. The only only issue with the streamlight is I think it is to heavy and bulky. I personaly use an old Sho-Me hand light that is clipped to my belt or scba waist strap I have had it for 11 years now and the only thing I have had to do to it was replace the strap one time (now it is leather) and replace the bulb about 6 years ago. i also carry a pelican stealth light I have had it for about 4 years now the only thig I did was replace the nylon wrist strap (it is to now leather). as far as the sho- me lights i don't even know if they are still madebut I think they are worth looking in to. Just my $.02
                      wsfiremn
                      Member IACOJ
                      FTM PTB FSU EGH RFB 9-11
                      Double Duece
                      PROUD MEMBER
                      FOOLS INTERNATIONAL

Comment

I have a Survivor and it can't hold a charge for 5 minutes. I think I may have got a bad battery from the start or something, because they are real popular in the fire service. I don't even use mine anymore. I have a $20 Saberlight that is reliable and 1/5 the cost of the Survivor.

...anyone else having trouble w/ Survivor flashlights?

Comment

Been some problems with survivor batteries,they've come out with a new design.I had real good luck with mine 'cept when it's -40 then the battery doesn't last too long.Call streamlight with the numbers off your survivor,they might help ya out,they take pretty good care of their fire service customers.T.C.

Comment

I have had my Survivor for 9 years now I have only had to change my battery twice. It has been agreat light and have no plans to ever change.

Comment

I have had my Survivor for 9 years now I have only had to change my battery twice. It has been agreat light and have no plans to ever change.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X