Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS THAT THIS SITUATION, HAS EMBARKED UPON OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN NEW YORK CITY. THOSE OF US WHO WANT TO HELP FEEL SOMEWHAT HELP LESS. WE DO HAVE PERSONNEL THAT ARE WILLING TO GIVE MUTUAL AID. WE WERE READY TO LEAVE FOR NEW YORK THE NEXT MORNING. BUT WE WERE TOLD NOT TO AT THIS TIME. VIA CITY OF NY. OUR SERVICE HAS ALREADY COLLECTED FUNDS AND ARE PREPARED TO SEND THEM FOR OUR FALLEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS.OUR HEART GOES OUT TO THE FIREFIGHTERS,PARAMEDICS,AND POLICE MEMBERS AND FAMILIES OF THOSE LOST IN THIS TRAGEDY. WE BELI VE THAT WE ALL LOST A LITTLE OF US IN NEY YORK AND WASHINTON.

Comment

My heart goes out to the families of our fallen.... I pray from the
      spouses and more especially for the children of our firefighters. I
      shed tears of sadness for those that have been taken from us and tears
      of joy for those who have been found alive.

(V)Lt. DM Lopez
      Spokane County Fire District 9

Comment

Dear Brothers and Sisters of The FDNY. The officers and members of the Lake Geneva Fire Department (Wisconsin) share your grief and sadness. May God be with you, and the families of those that perished during this terrible tragedy. Respectfully- Brent Connelly, Deputy Chief ----------------------------------------------------

Comment

This poem was written by a coworkers nephew. Dedicated to the
          men and women of the NYC Fire Department who in the process of saving life's,
          lost their own.

As most of us for stopped, to see the fire in the sky,
          you were in the trucks, passing by.
          As the unthinkable horror, makes us shed a tear,
          you entered the building, in you rescue gear.
          As we sat in panic, praying for no more,
          you were climbing stairs, floor by floor.
          We sat confused, awed, and in strife
          you were looking, hoping, and praying for life.
          As the building came down, we feared you would too.
          But God gave you wings, and instead you flew.

Devin Seibold Age 16
          Melbourne Florida

Comment

Please accept our most hearfelt sympathy and prayers for our brothers and sisters in New York City, both the fallen and those left behind. Words cannot describe the horror I felt as I watched the towers fall, and immediately thought of the fire and EMS people who I knew were then victims as well. We share your anger, fears, horror, and tears. This overwhelmingly surreal tragedy has affected us worldwide. You will all be in our prayers tonight and well into the future. We will stand by you when the call comes out, and pledge our support as long as any of you need a hand to hold, a shoulder to cry on, a true freind to rely on. New York has lost some of it's Bravest, but be sure, you are not alone. We are here.

God Bless you all, and God Bless the USA

Rob Farnum
            Eddyville Volunteer Fire and Rescue
            Eddyville, IA USA

Comment

We live in Holland and as the rest of the world we are devestated by the terrorist attacks on new york and washington. We feel deeply for all victims and all their loved ones. We want to tell the ny firefighters, the nypd and all volunteers that we have the highest respect for the incredible task you all are carrying out right now. We overhere can't imagine how hard it must be, but we're with you in our hearts and prayers. You are our heroes. God bless you all.

Kees, Marjolein and Boaz den Braber

Comment

TO OUR BROTHERS AND THEIR FAMILIES:
                ON THE WINGS OF AN ANGEL,YOU ALL ARE CARRIED.
                YOUR FAMILIES ARE FOREVER BLESSED. THEY AND WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL. YOU GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE AND NOW STAND AS A BEAMING REMINDER TO US ALL THAT OUR PROFESSION IS TRULY COMPASSIONATE AND GOOD. MAY ALL SURVIVING IN OUR PROFESSION BE FOREVER GRATEFUL AND WORK TO PERPETUATE YOU MEMORY
                NEVER FORGET!!!
                IN THE EYE OF THE STORM!!!!!
                GOD BLESS THE FIREFIGHTERS AND POLICE OFFICERS AND EMS WORKERS AND THE CITIZENS OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK.

CAPTAIN MARK D. JOHNSON
                ATLANTA FIRE DEPARTMENT, SQUAD FOUR-C

Comment

we are the local fire department in cabo san lucas mexico.

"always the best and inocents mens,die for the people"

sincerily,we wish at all brothers and sisters fire figthers,fallen
                  in new york wtc.live in hands of good.

good bless and protectec at rest of firefigthers,working in recovered at casualites in wtc.

we are whit you..

Comment

Thank you for your personal and professional sacrifices. We owe you all so much -- please know that we are with you in spirit and prayer.

With gratitude,
                    Kristin Merriman-Clarke
                    Web and Contributing Editor
                    Executive Update

Comment

I am deeply filled with many emotions as I have watched the chain of events since Sept. 11th. I have cried, cursed, cheered and cried some more as I watch the finest firefighters in the world work to rescue their own and the other victims as well. I can't imagine what they are seeing and feeling. I hope that everyone in NYC and DC knows that our hearts; our prayers; our thoughts are with them as they work through this monumentally, gargantuan task.
                      God Bless Us All.
                      Art Goodrich, Chief
                      Clover Township FD, Woodhull, IL

Comment

I would like to extend my condolences to the all the families of the workers
                        and fellow firefighters that have been injured and possiblly lost in the
                        disaster in New York and the Pentegon. It is truly a black day in our
                        history and as a freelance fire photographer I stand ready to help in any way
                        I can to document this for future generations so that they will remember the
                        bravery that every firefighter has. Thank you for being there when we need
                        you. Roger Freely

Comment

Just a few words to say our thoughts and prayers go out to all firefighters and their families at this terrible time. Lets hope that somehow more survivors are found. I know that I am not alone in saying how helpless we feel thousands of miles away, not bieng able to help.

firefighter Dave Sullivan
                          Station 22
                          East Sussex Fire Brigade UK

Comment

As a retired Lieutenant of the San Francisco Fire Department, I along with the thousands of other Firefighters across the nation, wish to extend my sincere condolences and best wishes to both the families of our fallen comrades and the heroic hundreds still standing. I've experienced the loss of some of my brothers over the years but not in the bunches that you are experiencing. This is by far the most tragic catastrophe that has ever befallen our nation's history and also the history of the fire service. Words alone can not express my feelings. There is no doubt that the 200 plus guys that went into the building knew the chances they were taking. It makes you realize how that job, as great as it is, can kill you in an instant.

I've never been to New York but would like to attend the funeral services for the masses when they are held. The only problem is, I wouldn't know whether to turn left of right after getting off a plane or where to stay once I got there in order to attend. Also I don't know when they would be held. Perhaps you could advise me.

Again, my deepest heartfelt condolences.

Sincerely and fraternally,

Harry Paretchan, Lieut., Ret. SFFD

Comment

I wish to send condolences to the people of U.S. and especially those brave people in the emergency services.
                              Our thoughts are with you all.
                              From Paul Hughes, British Firefighter and colleagues in Berkshire Fire & Rescue Service. ......

Comment

"I am a firefighter's wife. September 11, 2001, I kissed my husband as he walked out that front door. Every wife and mother that lives in this family, full of unselfish and overwhelming heroism, understands that with that reward we chance our own losses upon saving just one life. Will he come back through that front door? Many of us ask ourselves every day. As mine came home, I felt warm, yet selfish and sorrow. My children had their daddy and my husband was in my arms. There are over 300 fathers that won't have their children, or their women, all for that one life. And many mothers and wives that won't have their men to hold from this day forward. Our Heroes, we won't forget them. What an honor to be in this family. I'm proud to be a Firefighter's wife. My prayers are with all the families with loss, that will deal more with this aftermath than we can even fathom". -Kari Cappy Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X