This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FDNY Patch. possible change?

I was looking at the FDNY patch and realized that the Towers are part of the skyline on the patch.

I never thought about it before. Does anyone know if they will change that or leave it as some sort of memorial?

I am sure that its one of the lowest priorities now, but its something they have to see every day at work.
    " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

You're worried about the freakin patch when Brothers are still missing?

Comment

I don't believe that will remove the towers....but one never knows. I hope the FDNY keeps it on the patch to always remind Americans of how precious our heroes really are. NEVER FORGET, DON'T LET THEM DIE IN VAIN
      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

I am with your Phildabox...kinda like worrying about which apparatus got destroyed before we worry about all our brothers and sisters......

Not important to me...
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        ------------------------------
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

I am just as worried and concerned about all the missing and dead Fire/EMS/Police personnel as everyone else here. It is a hard burden for anyone in Public Safety.

This was a simple observation. I imagine that it will be something that will come up in the weeks and months to come.

I don't think its any sort of disrespect to ask a question.
          " The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Then let's can the simple observations. I'm sure you meant no direct disrespect but I don't think now is exactly the time to be pondering changes to the patch. Speculation on this subject seems kind of irrelavent with Brothers still missing at ground zero.

Comment

Then why are we bothering with staring at a computer screen and participating in a discussion if everything is so irrelavent?

I'm was sick when I watched the Towers fall, because I knew many, many brothers had been in there. But that doesn't mean I can't go on with everyday life. It's going to likely be weeks before they find every brother in that mess in NY. Are we supposed to sit around until then before we can have simple observations? Or are we only allowed to have profound thoughts until then?
              Bryan Beall
              Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Comment

every one take a breath!

better?

I thought of the same thing when I was there tuesday night (9-11), and still ponder it. Don't even think it's a priority, or even in the top twenty in my personal daily dilemas, but it is still a question that is really not out there in left field.

what will be done (if anything)?

our skyline HAS changed, as has the fire department, as has our eveyday ways of life, . . . . . who knows if the patch will change.

in favor of it being changed? i really can't say. it still houses so much tradition, and honor to those who get to wear it. listening to some bag pipes from a music download as I type this, it brings tears to my eyes that sooo much HAS already changed. change the patch? only time will tell. yes, no, indifferent . . . i guess I can find an arguement for all three.

be safe out there brothers.
                May God bless all the people and families who have lost
                their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
                [email protected]

Comment

I ran across this as I was looking around. I dont know if its official.

http://www.nyfd.com/patch/patch.html

Comment

joe fire, it's just another patch. it isn't a replacement. it's been on that website for years.
                    May God bless all the people and families who have lost
                    their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
                    [email protected]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse