Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your dept. have a Ride-Along Program?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your dept. have a Ride-Along Program?

My Dept. used to have a great ride-along program, fill out a wavier, show up, go to work! I enjoyed meeting new people that would show up, and the extra hand at fires. (Not all the time, but sometimes!!!)
    However, as with all things, somebody screwed it up. (I refuse to say anything bad about the squad guys)nullnull
    Chief (or chiefs) discontinued the program.

L359
    FTM-PTB
    trk4

I'm an Explorer In Xenia, Ohio. We had a ride-along program. Waivers and requirements, the whole smack. Then came Easter Sunday about 2 years ago and wiped out the whole program. The story is that one of our Explorers, who was signed up for riding and was following all the rules, was dispatched with an engine company to a nasty car accident.

The department shut down the program, stating liabaility of serious mental damage. We just moved else where. We got other offers from neighboring dept's for us to ride with them.

We're currently attempting to nail down a deal with the township for us to work out there with them, because our city dept has went down the hole.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...
    X