This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women are strange, complicated beasts

Here is a story that can be placed in the "holy crap I cant believe that happened" or "yea yea yea, been there, done that" files.

We (all stations) got a combined total of like 10 dozen home made cookies. Attached to the pile of lard was a note, from a girl, I assume the one that spent all day baking. It read (readers digest version):

"I am new to the area and I am looking to date. I was wondering if there were and single firemen that would like to go out with me. Here is my number, bla bla bla eat the cookies and get fat"

So we ate the cookies and laughed and posted the note on the board. Later we found out that the same note was given to the cops, but she used donuts. Just kidding, like they eat donuts or something. Anyway, she was passed off as a badge bunny and no one thought of it until last week. It seems that someone...not me.....honest....called her and said they were a fireman that was married but was looking to fool around. It seems that this person.....not me.....called her several times and gave a fake name along with some other less than Christian remarks. So now we are being sued or at least investigated. Did I mention it wasn't me? Good. So be careful on what you say to psychotic badge bunnies. It can prove to be less fun than origonally planned.
    My comments posted here do not reflect the views of my department.

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!! Guess that will teach you to stick you hand in the *cookie jar*

hehehehehe
    Just Me

Comment

I hate to sound un-PC, but when you send out cookies with a personal ad attached to every badge within 50 miles you get what you asked for. Was her address attached too? She's lucky she didn't get lots of visits as well. As for her lawsuit I'd hope she loses big time. I imagine there must be better ways to go about being desperate.
      Susan Lounsbury
      Winston-Salem Rescue Squad
      Griffith Volunteer FD

Comment

I hope you guys kept the note - that'd shut her up in a hurry.

Comment

As I'm reading this, the single firemen ad is appearing in my left column. Hehehehe

HAHAHAHAHAH

Comment

That is truly pathetic...desperation beyond words...wow! I can't believe that any woman with half an ounce of self respect would stoop to such a level. I hope you kept the note too...let her sue then wip out that note and shut her up for good! Go get her!
            Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

So some total stranger drops off food and YOU ATE IT? What were you thinking? Rat poison? Ex-lax? Low levels of some drug that will make you fail a pee test?

Maybe I'm missing something, but you should really reconsider eating unknown food in this crazy time.
              The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

Kids, Women are not "strange, complicated beasts", that particular badge bunny is. Don't tar us all with her brush.

---Ursula

Comment

^5 TED thank you nuff said!
                  Just Me

Comment

what a novel idea! Maybe I will buy a bunch of cookies and leave my number out in front of the craft store or obgyn office or something. On second thought, nah.

-Nick

Comment

The real question is; were the cookies any good!

Comment

I'll agree with the not eating "unknown" cookies idea. Besides the potential for intentional poisons and such... we have all been to MANY kitchens were we would not want to eat ANYTHING that came out of it!

Now for the question that is killing me... "What did she look like???"
                        Richard Nester
                        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

I'll be the third to agree, that eating the cookies was a big roll of the dice.
                          Unless we know the person, or food is still sealed, we almost always throw out.
                          Well we have one or two guys that will eat anything.
                          You can hear them when they swoop in.

Comment

Hey, Ursula, "strange and complicated" doesn't have to be a bad thing. A M1A1 tank is a strange and complicated beast, but I still want one.

I'd say Waterboy's badge bunny is a "desperate, pathetic beast".
                            Bryan Beall
                            Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Comment

I don't care how you get your cokkies but it was lol. and take my mind off all the other **** in the world

thanks

capt12

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...