This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Things Really Change??

It has been nice to see the support that has come to the fire service in light of the tragedy in NY, however, (and please no one take this as a selfish thought) who really believes that the people who run our cities are actually going to provide us with the needed funding to do our jobs right?
    In my city they held a special recognition service for all emergency workers last Thursday. It was nice. Plaques were handed out and pictures were taken. Our mayor stood on the steps of city hall and praised us for the job we do.
    It kinda made me sick all over, because on Sept. 11, 2001 he was voting to cut our staffing yet again. Luckily he was out voted 3-2. Our local 3293 had fought a long and hard battle just to maintain 3 man engine companies. We had provided this man with statistics that show the safety benefits of more staffing.
    well enough rambling on that.
    My question is this...
    Do any of you really think that within 1 year people will still remember us with the fondness they do now?

be safe brothers/sisters
    Be safe brothers

1 year? How about in 6 months?
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

I think that many people before respected our jobs, but in light of the recent events more people have become aware of what we do. To answer your question, yes, people will probably forget, but we'll never forget and thats what i love. I love the tradition of helping others and not expecting to be rewarded except that feeling that you get of having done just that.

Comment

Originally posted by kingsfan1982:
        I think that many people before respected our jobs, but in light of the recent events more people have become aware of what we do. To answer your question, yes, people will probably forget, but we'll never forget and thats what i love. I love the tradition of helping others and not expecting to be rewarded except that feeling that you get of having done just that.

Well said!
        The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder...but could you all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to my forum called "PLEASE READ ....IT COULD MEAN THE WORLD TO A FALLEN FFs CHILD" and take a minute out of your day to help send your love to a child or family of a fallen FF, Police Officer, or Rescue Worker in NYC. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!
          Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X