This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Anthem

During this tagic time we have heard many patriotic songs by many people. On the way to the Florida Fire College today I was flipping through radio channels and heard John Wayne singing the national anthem. this had to have been (obviously) recorded a long long time ago...but has anyone else heard it anywhere and do you know where to get it? Unfortunatley the reception was bad and I did not get to hear the station long enough to know how to contact them.
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    ------------------------------
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

captstanm1,

I did a quick search on morpheus and all I found MP3 related was John Wayne doing a "Speech" with America the Beautiful playing in the background.

The recording is called "America, Why I love Her" if that sounds like what you're after you can find it on Morpheus or e-mail me and I'll see that you get it.

Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
    Stephen
    FF/Paramedic
    Instructor

Comment

Stan, I looked on Google.com for about an hour and found nothing of him singing the National Anthem. Sorry. If I hear of it I will E-mail you.

Comment

I heard this on the radio the other day. http://www.wrns.com/America/tributes/johnwayne.mp3
        Hope it's what you were looking for.
        Dean Urquhart
        I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

Comment

I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder...but could you all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to my forum called "PLEASE READ ....IT COULD MEAN THE WORLD TO A FALLEN FFs CHILD" and take a minute out of your day to help send your love to a child or family of a fallen FF, Police Officer, or Rescue Worker in NYC. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!
          Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

I have been looking for this for sometime.It is very neat to hear him do this speech.

Comment

There are also some other good tributes at www.wrns.com/America/freedom.htm it's worth the time to listen.
              Dean Urquhart
              I used to only have One President, Charleton Heston, then came George. Now I'm lucky enough to have a third.... Capt Gonzo

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X