This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best schools to go to for Fire Science

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good school to attend to get Fire Science or anything of that nature. Im open to any ideas,I just need help getting started in the right direction. Or even if someone suggests doing something else instead. I would appreciate the help. Thanks!
    You gain strength courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

University of Maryland, Eastern Kentucky University, (my alma mater), University of New Haven, there are several comunity colleges that have AS Degree programs.

Hope this helps.
    "In all of us there are heroes... speak to them and they will come forth."

"In order for us to achieve all that is demanded of us, we must regard ourselves as greater than we are."

"Be excellent to each other."

Comment

I know several people that have attended the University of Maryland for degrees in this field. Also, I know Oklahoma State and John Jay in NYC are also highly respected.

Comment

Pike's Peak C.C in Colorado Springs has a program. Something close to you.
        Captain Dave Kupfer
        Metro West FPD
        St. Louis County, MO

Comment

Southeast Community College in Lincoln, NE is a great program. That's where I got my degree. I think that the teacher is the most important part. The Prof's name is Bill Meehan and he has worked in almost every type of department. I think that no matter which school you go to, the teacher is the deffinite key.

Hope that this helps.

Comment

Colorado state has a program also, I think it is a masters and a BS
            Craig Walker

Union Strong...Union Proud

An Irishman is the only person in the world who would walk over 12 naked women to get to a bottle of Stout.

Comment

I went to John Jay in NYC. They also have an inturn program with the FDNY. God bless them. Many of the people I worked with there are missing or have been laid to rest. Some of the greatest people you will ever know.
              This space for rent

Comment

If you want to be near water, Long Island Sound, not an ocean, then the University of New Haven in West Haven CT.

They have associates, bachelors and masters in fire investigation, fire science administration, forensic science, OSHA, fire engineering -- 1-800-DIAL-UNH.
                "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
                -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Also check out the University of Delaware.
                  Remember the brothers... FDNY 9/11/01

FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

I.A.C.O.J. for LIFE!

Comment

I have heard that there are several good schools in Maryland and in Washington DC for this study. Apparently the best schools for Fire Engineering, etc. are located in this area.

Now onto something else....I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder...but could you all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to my forum called "PLEASE READ ....IT COULD MEAN THE WORLD TO A FALLEN FFs CHILD" and take a minute out of your day to help send your love to a child or family of a fallen FF, Police Officer, or Rescue Worker in NYC. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!
                    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X