This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami - from another point.

What do you think of the COs decision to temporarily remove the flag so that the full crew would still be together to make runs?

Personally, I give that decision 1.5 thumbs up.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

No nuts.

What's next?

Gotta take a stand or they'll run over you.

Our flag has nothing to do with any religion.

I bet he lost respect from the AMERICAN firefighters.

The real answer kinda depends on how many he/she still had on the crew, and whether there was another unit in the house to redistribute crews, etc.

Comment

I disagree. He should have called their bluff and sent them home. I'm sure at any given time apparatus are out of service for various reasons in Miami, and they are able to fill in without incident.

I would have called the Chief and requested for other personnel to replace them as soon as possible in order to get the rig back in service.

Of course this is only if they refused to get on the rig. I have my own opinion of these low life so called Americans, but I'll save that for another day.

I guess I'll give it 2 thumbs down.

BE SAFE FIREFIGHTERS!

Comment

Simply put!

You are ordered to respond with the apparatus, anything less and charges are forthcoming for disobeying a direct order.
        It is a fireable offense.

Comment

Mongo -

My gut reaction is to send the mutts the f*ck home, *after* giving them a little "counseling session" out back with the guys on the crew.

But, my mind says that the guy made a good call in a bad situation, knowing that these f*ckers would lose their jobs anyway. Although, I wonder how long it would have taken to call in some guys on overtime...and I'm sure, given the circumstances, they wouldn't have minded coming in to work.

The gut still goes with the "send 'em home" impulse, though...
          "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

I applaud the CO for making a decision in tough circumstances. I think physical violence is appropriate in this instance, but the law does not. It is still assault and you take them out and rough them up a little, you will also be fired, and you may have trip planned to the crowbar hotel. I think things have worked out well. I totally support the Departments stance and actions. I feel bad that they have drawn such negative attention.

Stay safe,

*Mark
            FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH

Comment

Some decisions like that one belong upstairs -- it's outside of what a Lieutenant or Captain normally or should have to decide.

I support the supervisor too -- he took care of the immediate need to provide emergency services while kicking the bigger issue upstairs for a decision.
              IACOJ Canine Officer
              20/50

Comment

I agree the Lt. did the right thing. Had this happened in my department I would have preferred the Lt. notify me immediately so I could have handled the situation immediately. I feel what is added to an apparatus for decoration purposes should be stipulated in a policy somewhere. Any variations, not dictated by an emergency situation, from any written policy is not a decision a Lt. should be forced to make. That is the job of the higher ups. He did right.

Comment

I disagree with the decision. If there were firefighters who refused to ride a truck because it had yellow hose on it, would you take that hose off to make them happy and keep the truck staffed? The flag was placed on that apparatus officially and therefore should not have been removed. As said earlier, if the firefighters refused to perform their sworn duties... discipline them, but don't take off the yellow hose!
                  Richard Nester
                  Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

The officer should have given them a direct order do ride the apparatus. If they refused, then call the Chief. This was a policy handed down from the Chief.

I agree with MetalMedics post about the yellow hose. On my department disobeying a direct order from a Lieutenant, Captain, or Chief is met with severe disciplinary action, unless you feel like the decision is a DIRECT THREAT TO LIFE in some way.

I hope in the future this officer handles a true emergency situation without negotiation.

These *** HOLES were just taking advantage of a situation which fortunately back-fired in their faces.

They should be fired and sent somewhere FAR FAR away.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Comment

Miami-Dade,has a rather efficent structuring that allows problem resolution,much like Brunnicini's approach.I don't think Miami Dade should be judged in this instance.I believe the incident was handled properly and within the channels of command.I commend Chief Paulison for his handling of the situation,and as far as the MUTTS go they should be made examples of and shipped,regardless of what some on these forums think.Miami-Dade runs a good operation which should not be run down because of a couple of mutts. T.C.

Comment

I don't mean to steal anyone's thunder...but could you all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to my forum called "PLEASE READ ....IT COULD MEAN THE WORLD TO A FALLEN FFs CHILD" and take a minute out of your day to help send your love to a child or family of a fallen FF, Police Officer, or Rescue Worker in NYC. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!
                        Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

You know what..

F*CK those motherf*ckers in Miami. This is America. You are a firefighter..you loose 300+ brothers.. you should honor them.

Someone with balls should go kill those scumbag pieces of sh*t.

Ride the wagon with the flag or go back to your 3rd world commie run sh*thole.

I'd like to meet them *ssholes in a dark alley.

FTM-PTB
                          "Cigarette Butts on the floor have more time than YOU!!"

Comment

Remember this is same Miami that when the Ilan Gonzoles from cuba kid.

Refused to help the US goverment. but got in the way and let the people start ****...

What next...

I live 30 miles north of Miami and you can not belive the crap on local news

this is the same miami that some local mayors on tv Getting in the way of US ATF,INS,agents

And this is the same Miami that
                            Refused the US Gov come in town to do there jobs and did Not give any local police support...

And is this the same Miami that has a very very high % of city big wigs ( mayors, commisners, ect) Going to jail....
                            for wrong doings.

This in no way is an isolated case, This is the norm. for the the metro dade area.

There scould be a wall at the north side of dade county. So this kind of crap don't run up hill

Comment

Since I was a child, I have believed that the Flag is a symbol of the men and women who have given their lives in the line of duty to protect our nation and ideals. It does not matter if those souls are soldiers, cops, firefighters,ect. They are simply people who died fighting the good fight. When I look at our Flag, I feel a sense of pride that I am lucky enough to live in a country with those type of people, and that I am lucky enough to serve in their ranks. As far as I'm concerned, if someone doesn't like it, there are plenty of other places to live in the world. They shouldn't shame the memories of the honorable.
                              Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X