Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RRR, my email has been flooded with someone's petty ramblings. Apparently I struck a nerve with either quallme or a friend of his. I voiced my opinion just as he did before me. However, I don't see his email address or webpage listed. As for me once being firedude, that is correct. I changed my name early on after I got it to NY Smokey and have been that for the past couple of months. I have no plans to change it. Unlike some others. I apologize to my brothers and sisters out there for airing this on here.

Stay safe out there everyone! And I mean everyone
    Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

RRR no fighting on my part just trying to get the rookies to show some repect.

Comment

the posting was by a guy called 10-8/10-17 and his last comment was"hope they kill less firemen next year"He also stated stuff about no sops.Well lets see I have their operations manual and it all looks pretty standard to me.Now mr quallme or whoever you are I will gladly debate you off here or any of your friends and no I am not spiteful but you called for facts I can give them.
        The post by said Firefighter was deleted by web team and the discussion about him was closed on here.This thread is running that risk because of you coming in and talking the way you are.Yes you have freedom of speech.And I have the freedom not to listen. And quall.the yahoo that is being bashed does deserve this.

Comment

I don't know why I feel I need to defend myself, but here it goes. First off, "a fiew weeks ago" was an incorrect time frame, I must admit I haven't checked my posts as of late because of the fighiting going on in them. Second if you have ever read any of my other posts, and I'm shure it's all over in other posts, I've asked lagitimate questions that I wanted feedback about. Some of you, includeing Captain Gonzo, as well as many others, have helped me learn a fiew things. On the other hand, and the previous mentioned people kinda know where I'm comming from, someone would start in on FDNY, they do this, they do that, blah blah blah, and it turns into a fight in the middle of a post. I just wanted to open the eyes of the jerk or jerks involved with that and hopefully make them fell a little bad. I'm all about the "sibling squabbles" in the posts, thats partialy how we learn. I guess I'm "attacking" the people who took things too far. And yes I may come off as crying or whatever, but I have kinda earned it. I use this as an educational tool, and get this crap thrown back in my face.

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Fireboy422 ]

[ 09-25-2001: Message edited by: Fireboy422 ]
          -FF/NREMT-B D. Betka
          NSFD
          Norton Shores, MI

Comment

(continued)

And yes I may come off as crying or whatever, but I have kinda earned it. I use this as an educational tool, and get this crap thrown back in my face.
            -FF/NREMT-B D. Betka
            NSFD
            Norton Shores, MI

Comment

Funny thing, the "trash from the West " has USAR teams and uninvited walkons like SFFFD working your rubble, has collected $13 million for the FDNY boys, has volunteers as well as paid FF's passing the boot. All this during the middle of a wildland season with over five times as many people deployed as the event in the news. Note also the Miami Dade guys are also digging in the pile. How about give them and their department a break? Odds are you couldn't walk a block in their shoes.

If you feel you must attack the the smallest part of the fire service all you do is attack the whole. So they wouldn't ride on a truck with a flag, or wear a sticker on their helmet in honor of another event, or wear an aid ribbon, or a POW tag or or or like Rush Limbaugh said one day he wore 8 ribbons to show he cared more than anyone. We don't need a symbol to remember. We didn't have one before. Trying to figure who is the most caring or holy using an image is bunk. If you want to great if not don't and don't hold it against them if they don't.

Why not attack the firefighter who said, "I took the longest shower I could in hopes I wouldn't have to go" in this months Fire House? Or attack the retired firefighter who posed with Bush who had no business being there, freelancing ain't it?, or attack and name all the guys within 1500 miles who didn't leave work like others who did go to the scene on there own, or, or, or.

Typical alleged older firefighters want respect as they tear the entire fire service down.

"do this, they do that, blah blah blah, " Yep there is experience talking for you. Can't make or support a case with that. Typical response for these forums, "you irritate me" but can't explain why or give an intelligent argument one way or the other. Are personal attacks the best you can do as a so called professional?

"hopefully make them feel a little bad." Now there is a reason to come on these forums, firefighters attacking firefighters. Dang I thought firefighters helped people but you prove otherwise with your own words.

"yes I may come off as crying or whatever, but I have kinda earned it." Oh what makes you special? What have you earned that everyone else hasn't? Is it a sniveling award?

"I use this as an educational tool," So NIOSH isn't a training tool and these boards are? Did you read the foam eductor forum? No one has a clue how they work. Hydrant testing gets down to feelings not reality. Hydraulics is guessing not fact. Slamming apparatus builders must be fun too! Attacking the busiest volunteer fire department is too.

"eyes of the jerk or jerks " Yep, anyone with another view is a jerk. Great. If there isn't passion then what is there? Hollow meaningless untrustworthy gibberish?

"As for me once being firedude, that is correct" Amazing what happens with a little investigation, all of a sudden you come clean. It is just as easy to start posting real names. Oh that is right, the key to a forum is the ability to speak ones mind without retribution. Good luck, questions like who are you, where is your profile, what is your rank, how long you been on the job, how many fires did you fight, what is your name, what FD are you with, unless you answer that your opinion or experiences aren't worth a dime? Right is right. Opinions and facts are just that.

", if you really want to be gain any respect on these threads " Respect on these threads with the crap you all keep posting, don't make me laugh.

Sheesh, talk about coming together in times of crisis.

Comment

>Funny thing, the "trash from the West " has USAR teams and uninvited walkons like SFFFD working your rubble, has collected $13 million for the FDNY boys, has volunteers as well as paid FF's passing the boot.

Nice job taking things out of context. That comment was directed at ONE person, yet you are looking to start a fight by changing it to mean the WHOLE west.

Don't you have other things to do besides create new usernames and bother people?
                IACOJ Agitator
                Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

NY Smokey, wasn't LHS removed from the forums due to shall we say less than adult manners during the forums discussion?

Comment

You are correct Adze. It was directed at ONE person. I would never direct it to my brothers and sisters out West. I'm still confused, quallme who are you? YOU DID CHANGE YOUR NAME AGAIN, DIDN'T YOU!

Comment

I respectfully ask this thread be closed.

Comment

I concur with E229Lt. Enough already. All this bickering and "you irritate me", "who p1ssed in your Wheaties" garbage...please. Get a grip fellas, honor the memory of our brothers - pull together and do something productive!

Comment

LHS* is back!!! How ya been Larry? Get kicked off the forums again so you had to change your name, huh? Maybe now you'll tell us why you left Fire Rescue!!!

Stay Safe

Comment

If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all !!( and every other saying we learned in kindergarten would go a long way right now!)
                            FTM-PTB
                            trk4

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...