This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bashing FDNY

I bet you guys who were tearing down FDNY just a fiew weeks ago in these verry forums feel pretty darn stupid right now, or at least I hope you do. This is a place for teaching, not bashing. I hope i never see another post or reply tearing down brothers or sisters ever again. It's pretty sad whe it takes a death in the service to bring out the praise for a department. It seems like as long as they arn't dieing, they can't do anyhting right. Then *** soon as someone gets hurt, they can do no wrong. What's up with that?

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: Fireboy422 ]
    -FF/NREMT-B D. Betka
    NSFD
    Norton Shores, MI

Gosh, I read these forums kinda heavily, and except for one yahoo, don't really recall anyone tearing down FDNY.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Comment

Neither do I......maybe a little "East vs. West", but nothing about FDNY.
      JMK271
      These opinions are my own and not those of the department in which I serve.

Comment

It's funny, I don't recall any either!?! I do remember talk about that area and mutual aid, but no bashing that I recall!

Hey, I'm a veteren now! I've only been visiting this site for a couple years! I guess I just didn't post enough!

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: KBWVFD #8 ]
        Volunteer(noun): Completely Under-paid Professional

Comment

There was one individual who lives out west and considers himself to be God's gift to firefighting (Dalmatian 90, FireLT1951, E229LT and anyone who has tangled with him on these forums know who he is!) that went on record in these forums assailing the tactics and strategies employed by the FDNY. There was also one individual who bashed the FDNY the day after the tragedy...the WebTeam nipped that one in the bud before it got out of hand.

The FDNY has suffered an unimaginable loss of life. They will overcome. We in the fire service, the law enforcement community and the emergency medical services will never forget the sacrifice that these brave firefighters, police officers and emergency medical technicians made to save others.

God Bless them all!
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Do we really need to go through this?
            It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

Maybe the web-team will nip the piece of trash from out west in the butt also....

Comment

IF it is the same "Gods gift to firefighting*" I think it is it has already been taken care of. I havent heard from nor seen him in quite some time. As far as tearing down the FDNY recently I cant say that, other than some typical rivalry that tends to occur, I have seen anything over the line.
                Shawn M. Cecula
                Firefighter
                IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

This may sound a little sappy, but I occasionally argue with my wife, but you can bet I still love her. I also like the "brother" analogy. Brothers are known to tease, fight, punch and kick each other, but God help the school bully who picks on one or the other. You can bet the brothers will fight the bully in complete unity. Aren't we "brothers" and "sisters" in the fire service?

Comment

BASHING??? Isn't that what Fireboy422, Captain Gonzo, LadderCo13, and Lewiston2Capt are doing? He hurt my feelings so I'm going to call him names, wah wah wah.

WENT ON THE RECORD IN THESE FORUMS ASSIALING THE TACTICS AND STRATEGIES. A few quotes from a NIOSH report and that it is bashing? Some might call it facts. If you can't support your case with facts you result to calling names? Very grown up.

The current event has nothing to do with the earlier events. In both cases FF's died. In the current event they were murdered.

TEARING DOWN BROTHERS AND SISTERS? So never mention that anyone in anyway has done anything wrong or their are ways to improve? That will make the world a better place.

DEATH IN THE FIRE SERVICE WAS NOT WHAT IT TOOK TO BRING OUT PRAISE FOR FDNY. It has been going on forever. Some night say the loss of life of rescue workers is what the praise is directed to, it just happens to be FDNY guys where it occured, the same response woud have been garnred anywhere in the US.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH FREEDOM IN GENERAL is hopefully what these boards are based upon and our country as well. Someone says quints are stupid and the next guy says he's used them department wide successfuly for 26 years. Someone else says something is impossible and someone else says we've done it for years. Obviously, there isn't just one correct way to do the job. If so you'd all have the same equipment on the exact same rigs and fire stations.

ONCE THEY ARE DYING THEY CAN DO NO WRONG. Death is the way to judge great fire departments? I don't think so! This is America, some folks will continue to call a spade a spade.

Your attacks on any individuals freedom of speech is not the American way. In a debate the key is to fortify your position not call names or bad mouth because you got your butt kicked. When a question is posed answer it. If you don't know say so.

"There was also one individual who bashed the FDNY the day after the tragedy..."

Why don't you cut and paste what was said or bring us up to speed? Or can you back up your words? Probably not.

jdm2267 right ON!

Best thing for America is to move forward.

Comment

quallme, you're initials wouldn't be LHS would they? It shows that you have only posted twice and you are from "firehouse." So how would you know what has been said on these forums in the past? Don't tell me that this topic is only the second thing you've had an opinion on. And I have nothing personal against you as a person, but your words irritate me

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: NY Smokey ]

Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

NY Smokey, you're initials wouldn't be FIREDUDE would they? It shows that you have only posted 94 times and your web page says you are FIRE DUDE." So how would you know what has been said on these forums in the past? I GUESS YOU"D HAVE US BELIEVE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO CAN READ THEM ARE REGISTERED AND POST Don't tell me that this topic is only the second thing you've had an opinion on. And I have nothing personal against you as a person, but your words irritate me DITTOOO

So why don't you quit hiding behind your new screen name Fire Dude and tell us what bothers you about the above words? If you can!

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: quallme ]

Comment

Hey Quallme, who ****ed in your cornflakes, if you really want to be gain any respect on these threads do a little reading of past threads before you start bashing folks like NY Smokey. At least he has the ba!!s to fill out his profile and not hide anonamously. I don't think I have to come to NY Smokeys defence but your thread irritated me.

Comment

WOW quallme,

I don't think your the piece of trash from the West that I was talking about. With only 3 posts, how could you be?

WAIT, WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE! You didn't change your name AGAIN! DID YOU?

Comment

There seems to be some personality conflicts here but come on guys this fighting is terrible. I know I didn't have to read it but why not get each others e-mails or phone numbers and do this---the fighting is surprising to me and also upsetting. I know emotions are running high which is very understandable but this isn't good.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X