This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American flags stolen

We (actually C shift) put out 200 American Flags along a major road way last week in something called "Memorial Mile". They were like 2 foot by 3 foot and they were secured to wooden stakes with zip ties. They went to bed with a warm cozy feeling and woke up to find THREE FLAGS LEFT!!!!!!! The story made the local news and not 2 minutes after it aired people came to the station with money and flags. There was even a person selling them today for 6 bucks a piece.....still attached to the stake!!!! "look honey its ready to install...." Holy cow it is raining out side. Anyway, just thought Id share a little of my disgust for pond scum with yall. Ok that lightning bolt hit my window, I need to go change my shorts.
    My comments posted here do not reflect the views of my department.

I am from Plano and I saw that story on the news, but I agree with the Flower Mound firefighter that said "there is no honor in flying a stolen flag". Hopefully PD will help ya'll find these people.

Comment

We do not have a flag pole at our building due to some renovations that were being done....however, we have traffic pilons (sp?) in front of our pad and we put flags on every one of these...someone stole one of our flags. As our Chief pulled into our station and noticed this a man stopped his car and took the flag off his car and told our Chief to take his flag to replace the one that someone stole from our building. Most people would not stoop to steal another's flag. Those that do steal flags should not call themselves Americans..now is the time to come together..not to steal from one another.
      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

A Paramedic/FF from Pennsylvania stole a flag from a burned-out Chelsea truck at the WTC and brought it home. This flag was put there by fellow firefighters as a memorimal to their fallen brothers. For the details, go to this site dedicated to the subject: http://www.angelfire.com/ego/btvfc/

Comment

A couple of years ago, my dept. bought very nice American flags and wooden flag poles for 90% of the telephone poles on Main Street and Broadways, plus the street leading to the firehouse. They were for our annual 4th of July Parade and anything "special". We put them up on Sept. 13. And, gee, several are missing -- off telephone poles! One has to climb on their car roof!! Desperate, I guess....
          "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
          -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

WE lost our from in front of our church that most of our firefighters go. It was 10 X 15 feet. on the Sunday after the WCT. the church is right accross from the PD station and somebody seen them and knocked or door to PD, there ansure was we will try to get a uint out there....

Comment

Amazing, isn't it?

For many years we had no rope on our flag pole -- after it was put in in 1984, not once but twice the flag was stolen during the night! After that, we used wire ties to eyelets on the pole...had to use the Ladder truck every time we put the flag to half mast, changed it, etc.

Finally about three years ago we put the rope back up...so far, so good. Still, who the heck steals a flag????
              IACOJ Canine Officer
              20/50

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...