This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americanly AntiAmerican Activities

OK, the Miami-Dade saga gave me this idea.

Here's a list of antiAmerican activities that have occurred over the past week that I have heard about...

Then why do I call them Americanly?

I'm glad you asked.

Because I believe in each of these peoples right to free speech and association, no matter (almost - YFIACT) how stupidly they use those rights.
    • Florida Gulf Coast University Library Services Director Kathy Hoeth orders employees not to wear a sticker that said "Proud to Be An American. She has since recinded the order.
    • Berkley CA orders firefighters to remove American flags from the apparatus so's not to offend the leftwingers
    • Three idiots in the Miami Dade FD that refuse to ride when old Glory is diplayed.
    • NY Cablevision Corp owner charles dolan banned the flag from its news programming. They also own cable News 12, "The Wiz," Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden, the Knicks and the Rangers, and cable channel American Movie Classics and many other outlets that no longer deserve your hard earned cash.
    • Chapel Hill NC for censoring a sign in a resturaunt window that was bigger than the sign ordinance allowed but also said those frightening and intolerant words "God Bless America, Woe to Our Enemies."
    • Jerry Fallwell for his statements on Sept. 14th
    • Amhearst MA for ordering employees to take down their flags - but has since recinded
    • NCCI Holdings Inc. for ordering its employees to take down flags and in some ceses the company removed them - they have since recinded the order.
    • Massechusets reps Meehan and Neal

Add any you hear about or that I've missed. I'll try to keep up as well.

And remember, while each of us has the right to speak, no one has the right to be heard.
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

On our local news, they had a story last week, where a lady who worked in a convience store was asked to remove the ball cap from her head that resembled the American flag. Simply because the store had a no hat wearing policy for their employees. And I proudly report she put her hat back upon her head grabbed her purse and keys and walked out!!! You go girl!!!
    Running in for those who are unable to run out!!

Comment

I am a volunteer firefighter in Central N.Y.
      and at my place of employment there are people that are more ****ed off because Football was cancelled last week than what has happened. To me these people need to be kicked in the head for saying that football is more important than support for everyone that has been touched by this tragedy.
      LEATHER FOREVER

Comment

Don't wig out. I'm playing devil's advocate a little. But why was football (among other things) cancelled? Was it cancelled because of the logistics of getting people where they need to be or talking players into getting on airplanes? Or was it cancelled to mourn-pray-honor-reflect and so on? Because if it was the latter, hundreds of thousands of people die in this country every year of crap that the country ignores. Mothers drowning their kids, domestic violence, kids blowin each other away at recess, you name it. Just because it's a larger scale doesn't directly affect the tragedy "level" if you will.

I saw a sign/sticker/shirt or something that said "How come people who stand by freedom of speech never value freedom of thought?"
        ...if you put the handline in the right spot, you won't have to jump out the window...
        -Andy "Nozzles", SQ18, 9-11-01

Comment

Freeze,
          The same guys also said "Who gives a f$#! it doesn't affect me at all but I want to watch Pro Football." There is a real problem with American Youth.
          LEATHER FOREVER

Comment

Hey, what about California Rep Barbara Lee? She was the ONLY dissenting vote in either the House or Senate against the resolution giving President Bush the authority to use whatever means necessary to respond to the attacks on NYC and DC.

Now, I realize that she represents Oakland, California, which is a pretty liberal area. BUT the mayor of Oakland (Jerry Brown?) was on O'Reilly a couple of nights ago pseudo-defending her, and even he admitted that he thought 90% of the citizens in her district supported issue.

Think she'll be elected next time around? Or will the people of that district forget about it? I won't, and I'm a long way from California.
            Bryan Beall
            Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Comment

regarding free speech, we all have the constitutional right to voice our opinions, no matter how ignorant they are. However, there is no provision in the consitution that guarantees the right to be HEARD, nor is there protection for consequences one may suffer from voicing his/her opinion. I am a full time f.f. and a member of the IAFF, but I cant bring myself to defend these fools in FL. that refuse to ride an engine w/ an american flag on it. They make me sick, and if they get fired,good. We dont need people like that in this brotherhood.

Comment

i work at an airport and heard some business men complain about the no flying rule. To many people all over the world it is do not let anything get in the the way of making money. lots of people only know that having fun and making money and that is all they care about. i wonder if these folks will ever learn about life.
                Larry

Comment

Anyone hear BILL MAHAR's comment on his pollitically incorrect show? He said that we (AMERICANS) are the cowards because we lob cruise missles at out enemies. I believe he got his head handed to him from the hate mail and sort of covered for it on his next show.
                  "Never trust a smiling dog"
                  Delaware F.O.O.L. FTM-PTB-EGH

Comment

Here's Bill Mahar's statement to NewsMax.com:

"Thank you for the opportunity to clarify my
                    comments made on Monday's "Politically
                    Incorrect" which should have been expressed
                    differently.

In no way was I intending to say, nor have I
                    ever thought, that the men and women who defend our nation in uniform are anything but
                    courageous and valiant, and I offer my
                    apologies to anyone who took it wrong.

My criticism was meant for politicians who,
                    fearing public reaction, have not allowed our
                    military to do the job they are obviously
                    ready, willing and able to do, and who now
                    will, I'm certain, as they always have, get it done."
                    Bryan Beall
                    Silver City, Oklahoma USA

Comment

I live in Eastern NC. We have alot of football, money hungry people too. If all I had to worry about was a stupid football game I would go crazy. Our Nation needs us all at this time of sadness. We were flooded two years ago when Hurricane Floyd wipe out alot of homes, and anywhere were water could go. At this time it was football season and our local Universtity had to play the game. So they went to another part of the State to play the stupid game. They won,(so what big deal). After the game the fans tore down the field goal. That was so stupid. I think at the time of a tragedy we should use the team and help the community.

May God Bless You All In New York & Washington DC

Comment

Add the Chief (use the term loosly) of DC fire and EMS ( Chief?? Few) for forbidding firefighters to do a boot drive (they did it anyway)

See the forum topic "Firefighter defy Chief to raise money"

An embarrassment to the entire brotherhood of firefighting...and one that is in out nations capital!
                        null

[ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: captstanm1 ]
                        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                        ------------------------------
                        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                        BMI Investigator
                        ------------------------------
                        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

I heard this on WTTK Talk 96.9 in Boston today.

ABC has forbiddent their anchor peosons and reporters from wearing anything that resembles the American flag wghile they are on camera.

ABC must stand for the Anal Broadcasting Company!
                          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Good people,fellow brothers and sisters now is the time.Now is the time for us to stand up and scream NO MORE!!!I have had quite enough of these clowns in the Anti-American Broadcast Consortium,those that refuse to let the flag fly and say"Its against my civil liberties"Well guess what,its my right under the first amendment to fly the flag.If you dont like it tough.If I have to listen to them spout how it takes a village to raise a child(actually should be "takes a village to raise a nut")then they should have to be tolerant of my views to!
                            This country was founded on freedoms to be able to worship and think however you like.But it is turning into a country that says "You cant do this because you might hurt someones feelings"Well somebody needs a little thicker skin.
                            I am sorry to be vnting but havent we had enough?The whole world has been affected by this and we have people shallow enough to bitch and bicker over this?Lets put it to them in a way they will understand.If we were in the country of Afghanistan would we have these freedoms?Nope.Tell Diane Sawyer that she has to cover her face,quit her job and live in a house where her windows are blacked over so they will not be seen by passerby.I think they will realize we are the best country to live in and that the reason is is our freedom to argue a point.Some of you may not agree with me on these but you have the right to tell me I am bent if you like.
                            So to all those looking to make a cause out of this tragedy for your little pet group...Get bent!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X