This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Info on Miami-Dade Flag Incident

Just an update...I just got off the phone with not only the Public Affairs office of
    Miami-Dade Fire/Rescue, but the Fire Chief’s office and the local IAFF office.

I could not believe what I read on the net, and had to find out myself! It appears that these are two individuals (African-American) who refused. A third individual (African-American)was on the Miami local TV giving an interview. I guess by his remarks he really disturbed the sh*t!

The public affairs office told me they have had about 400+ calls in the last two days. Only one caller has supported these two individuals!

The Fire Chief’s office said basically the same thing, being inundated by phone calls and faxes. They also wanted to re-emphasis that these two individuals are currently on leave, and when they return, they will be given the chance to ride on the vehicles or refuse. If they refuse, they do have appeal rights and representation in any disciplinary action.

The Union office has also has had many phone calls, and are selling T-shirts, with all
    proceeds going to the families of the FDNY firefighters who perished.

One unnamed source told me that NO WAY were they going to remove the flags from the
    Fire Engines!

The fire service is currently under the most media attention ever in United States history. Make no mistake, this issue is being disseminated to more and more people daily. Please don’t allow these two individuals to give Miami-Dade Fire Rescue or the United States Fire Service a tarnished image, and don’t allow them to make light of the sacrifice that hundreds
    of FDNY firefighters made.

I would ask all of you to contact these folks and express your outrage.

Fire Chief Paulison Voice (786) 331-5122
    Fax (786) 331-5101

IAFF Local 1404 Voice (305) 593-6100
    Fax (305) 591-9654

Thank you for the numbers am not a firefighter but am a cardiac patient and if not for my volunteer emt's and fire would not be here to post this message!!! they are a disgrace and should be fired! (excuse the pun on words)
    Just Me

Comment

right on....if the two or possibly three don't like the flag...than GO WORK SOME-PLACE ELSE !!!.....With what has happened who has time to play silly fuc**d up cry-baby shi* ? --- obviously somebody does...the three waste-a-life miami-dade firefighters who although live and work in this country don't apprecieate the flag and it's beliefs. They really ought to work some-place else
      ***The Opinions expressed here are strictly my own and do not reflect those of the Department to which I am a Member ! ***

Stratford Fire Co. # 1.."Any Job ~ Any Place ~ Any Time"

Check us Out www.stratfordfire.com

Comment

To anyone who thinks that the american flag is oppressive, then they should move somewhere else and see how free they are there. We don't need these flakes in our country. If you think that you are going to go anywhere in the US and not have that flag, then you are living in an unrealistic, pathetic little dream world.

In closing: If you don't the the US and all that it has to offer; all that the american flag stands for...Then get the hell out because we don't want you!

Comment

So do these Miami firefighters think that no African Americans ever fought to defend old glory? Or that none died in the WTC? If you disgraceful pieces of crap read this post, GO PACK SAND UP YOUR ***.

Comment

Sorry everybody....the IAFF local is 1403 and NOT 1404. My apologies to everyone concerned. With the anger I felt while typing and the haste of my posting I hit the wrong key and did not take the time to re-read everthing...

Comment

Although it probably wasn't meant that way, certain people are going to take this thread as a sign that african americans are not patriotic, I would imagine that a fair number of our fallen brothers in NY were in fact african american. Let's not lose sight of that fact. That having been said, and I am not even an american, I think that what these people said was extremely insensitive, especially at this time. The entire nation and even most of the rest of the world is in shock over this incident. If these individuals have such contempt for the USA, perhaps they might like to try their hand in another country, maybe Afghanistan.

Comment

Once upon a time, long ago and far away, these sorry pieces of sh1t would have found themselves in an impromptu "staff meeting" out behind the firehouse shortly after the tour was over.

Of course, that was before we all became enlightened and politically correct. Funny though...in those days we didn't have this kind of problem with ***wipes like these disgracing their country, department and company.
                But...today is a different age and time. I would in no way condone anything other than than the most sensitive, warm and fuzzy "discussion" of the issue.

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Comment

WHILE I DO NOT.....I REPEAT DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE INDIVIDUALS...remember we are a country that is founded on the principles of FREEDOM OF SPEECH. We might not like it now since there are people going against the grain of the rest of this nation...but they have a right to refuse....I agree that they should not be paid if they do not ride...but they should not be discriminated against if they choose not to ride. I learned today that a local school had an issue with several students who are Jehovah's Witnesses. They do not believe in the American Flag or standing for the Pledge of Allegiance, etc. That is their religious belief...and in this country they are allowed to hold onto those beliefs even in a time like this. I can't say I totally understand where they are coming from since I don't hold the same beliefs...but they have their rights too. I think in a time like this we need to be more understanding of other's differences. I think these two fire fighters should have done this privately within the department and asked for a leave time or expressed their concerns internally instead of making a huge deal out of it...especially now with the nation trying to unite by using the flag as our symbol of unity. Please don't jump on me, I am simply saying that we don't know the actual reasoning behind their choice and so therefore should not be calling for their heads. Hopefully they will realize that the use of the flag is being used as a symbol of unity and out of respect for those fallen in these horrible tragedy and they will reconsider their position. God Bless.
                  Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

Originally posted by hctrouble25:
                    ...but they have their rights too. I think in a time like this we need to be more understanding of other's differences.
                    Nobody is saying these *******s should be deprived of their right to free speech. The freedoms we enjoy in this great country should not be infringed.

However, this nation has been attacked by a foreign enemy, we have had 6,000 of our fellow American's, including almost 400 of our brother firefighters, brutally murdered in cold blood. 99% of Americans are shocked, grieving and outraged. We have come together as never before. Our symbol of unity as a nation is the flag, and the bottom line is either you're with us or against us.

Where I come from, firefighting companies are generally very team oriented, tightly cohesive groups with a strong sense of team identity, integrity and esprit de corps. How do you think one of these scumbags would fit into that equation, Ma'am??? Is that individual someone I should trust with my life???
                    People from all over the world struggle to make it into this country to enjoy our freedoms. If this miniscule group feels so strongly that they are oppressed under the American flag, my advice is "don't let the screen door hit you in the *** on your way out."

[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Comment

I said I don't agree with them or condone it and I understand why people are angry, but the reality is that we are a free country where freedom of speech and religion is protected. This means they have the right to feel the way they do. Just because they don't want the American Flag on the trucks does not mean they won't or don't do their duty as fire fighters in the city in which they are employed. That is a whole different issue in and of itself. I am simply saying that right now is not the time to point fingers, fight, or blame others within our own communities and nation. We need to understand that we are all different and we all grieve and deal with loss in a different way....like I said before we have NO IDEA why they are against the flag being flown...I don't agree, I am angry too, but I don't think being angry will solve anything or help us right now. I am sorry we have differing opinions on this matter, but until I know their reasoning I won't judge them. God Bless.
                      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

hc:
                        No need to be sorry, we're all entitled to our opinions. If I express myself rather strongly, please understand this an emotional time for all of us.

Let me ask you this one question though:
                        Don't most firehouses in this country fly the US flag? Don't most government offices, schools, courthouses and public builings in general fly the flag?

So why didn't these degenerates oppose working in a firehouse where the flag is displayed out front??? Apparently they didn't mind going in there to pick up their paychecks that the US taxpayer makes possible and which they probably didn't even earn, did they??? I'd venture a guess and say if they were fired (and in my opinion they should be) they would march their sorry ***es right past the US flag into the welfare office to get paid there too! Enough of this touchy feely "I'm OK, you're OK" [email protected] already!

I'd personally take up a collection to buy them a one way ticket anywhrer they want to go outside the US!

Comment

remember we are a country that is founded on the principles of FREEDOM OF SPEECH
                          Yes, which means we have the right to put the flag on the rig!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Shull:

Yes, which means we have the right to put the flag on the rig!

Yes but which also means they have the right to not ride on those trucks if they choose not to. And if they don't they should not be paid since they are not working. And Nozzlehog..I agree with you 100%, but we cannot stand up and yell Freedom of Speech and Religion only as long as it suits our own needs....not everyone agrees with all ideas or opinions at the same time...I don't agree with these guys but they have the right to say No to the flags and there is not much we can do about it even if we get angry and yell it won't do much good.

Comment

Sounds like you paid attention in civics class, hc, but that still doesn't answer my question...

Why is it that the US flag displayed in front of the firehouse two weeks ago meant this is where they pick up their paycheck, but now flying a flag on the rig is a "symbol of oppression"??? Give me a break!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X