This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TO THE WEBTEAM..Reference Ceremony

Firehosue.com says No ceremony this weekend...yet CNN and MSNBC keeps saying that they are preparing a ceremony for this weekend at Yankee Stadium for firefighters and emergency workers with huge tv's throughout NYC... This is supposedly coming from the mayor...yet NYFD says no...Are they not talking??? What is the deal????
    09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
    ------------------------------
    IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
    "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
    BMI Investigator
    The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Is this Sunday's Ceremony to be the Nation's Final Tribute, attended by Firefighters worldwide? Or is this Sunday intended more for the Citizens of NYC?

Two and a half days notice makes it a little difficult for many folks to get to NYC.
    /s/ Phred1 from Ohio

Comment

Web Team: now that we have the Yankee Stadium story, how about ticket info?

Comment

The central park ceremony for this weekend was canceled due to the Mayor's feeling the crowd was becoming unmanageable due to the cities resource spread.
        There will be 5 seperate ceremonies in the different boroughs and Yankee stadium is the Bronx location.

These are not FDNY ceremonies. I am sure when all is said and done and we have accounted for all our loses, there will be a department memorial service.

Our regular memorial day Oct 10, has been postponed and will likely be rescheduled at that time.

Comment

E229Lt ~

"These are not FDNY ceremonies."
          Thanks for the clarification...

If you have a way to directly communicate with the Web Team; can you suggest that they make a definate statement to that effect on the main Firehouse.com page? It will be a shame if Firefighters who wish to pay their respects to the Fallen Firefighters struggle to arrive in NYC this weekend and then learn that they are not attending the Final Tribute Ceremonies which will be arranged by FDNY.

It would also be nice if the national news media gave a better account of who is invited to the various Memorial Services.
          /s/ Phred1 from Ohio

Comment

The IAFF web page has clarified this point. Please try to direct the thousands of brother and sister firefighters to it.
            We don't want to see them travel great distances to find they have come to the wrong service.
            http://daily.iaff.org/091701memo.htm

Comment

E229Lt.....I would like to talk to you....how can we communicate?
              09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
              IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
              "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
              BMI Investigator
              The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

Folks, just to clarify again the service this weekend is NOT specifically for firefighters and emergency responders but for all victims.

The IAFF, FDNY and even the Mayor's Office has advised that firefighters from outside the area who are not directly family members and close friends, should make NO ATTEMPT TO COME TO NEW YORK CITY. That is a direct statement.

Any such announcement will be posted on Firehouse.com once there is a memorial service. Again, we plead to stay in your communities and protect your citizens. The FDNY thanks everyone for their outpouring of support, but do not make plans to come to New York City at this time for any reason.

Thanks
                WebTeam

Comment

E229LT... Nice to see you around, those words take on a whole new meaning unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Halligan84:
                    E229LT... Nice to see you around, those words take on a whole new meaning unfortunately.
                    It is nice to see your name again on the boards. Best wishes to your brothers and sisters that weren't so lucky.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X