Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Miami, 2 firefighters will Not ride on trucks with American Flags

I can not believe this one, There are 2 (Two) firefighters in the Miami Metro-Dade Fire Department that will not ride on fire trucks with the American flag on display, they made the FD take them off before they will ride or drive there truck. because
    of thier religious beliefs.

By now, allmost every fire truck in the USA has at least one or many more flags on display. unless your
    from Miami Engine Co 28.

The chief better do something about this one. we are a brotherhood, but this is BS.

maybe the iaff can help...

What do you think,

Source of Info channel 6 news Miami Florida

I support their right to free speech and association. Fortunatly they do not have the right to be heard.

I think they're idiots.

The USA is the only country in the world that sends young men to die to guarantee the right to protest the USA. Imagine the contradiction of not willing to support the country you live in and people of that country.

Now, I know that other countries send their young men to die as well, but they never go alone or first, they always follow us. Imagine what would happen if we quit fighting for these rights.

Freedom would disappear across the world...

[ 09-19-2001: Message edited by: mongofire_99 ]
    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

I say leave them behind on runs if they don't want to ride. This is a bunch of B.S. Someone taking advantage of a bad situation. What is so evil about the U.S. flag? I find it hard to believe their religion TELLS them not to do it. They probably have no problem accepting and spending our U.S. dollars! So tell them they ride or no paycheck. End of story. If they want to protest outside of work, that's one thing. We still have our right to free speech even when it is a bunch of crap. But, their beliefs should not have a negative impact on public safety.

Just my two cents.

Stay safe out there everyone!
      Tom

Never Forget 9-11-2001

Stay safe out there!

IACOJ Member

Comment

I dont agree with them...but if we take away their rights due to their religious beliefs what are we saying. Is that not like Bin Ladan and Hussein?

I am not sure what the answer is...but we can not punish them for what they believe. BUT>>>I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER!
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        ------------------------------
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

I don't get it. Exactly what religion do these gentlemen belong to that says they can't ride a truck with the American flag. And if the American flag is against their religion, then why are they here with an American job spending American dollars in the American economy.

Also, if they can't support the American flag, then how can they claim to have freedom of speech anyhow?

Matt

Comment

Do they wear a company uniform? All the ones I have seen have a flag on a shoulder.
            Is there a flag at the station, do they bunk and work outside?

Freedom, there free not to ride or get paid!

Comment

Sorry if this sounds a tad insensitive....they should inform the the nuts that they can either a. ride, and get paid, or b. sit their sorry ***es down and not get paid. PERIOD. That is the kind of BS that is wrong with this country.

Comment

Is the station allowed to fly the flag? Is the city?
                People, we are under attack! We need to rally around the flag, the smybol of our great country. I DO believe everyones rights and religious beliefs should be respected BUT, at what cost.
                I'm afraid we may "politicly correct" this nation to death!
                Is it time yet to start thinking of the greater good instead of individuals?
                The other members have made a sacrifice for two members. Maybe the two should make a sacrifice for the many?

Ah F^ck it, just kick um in the nuts an send um back where they came from!!!!

Comment

I wonder if they enjoy their right to believe in and celibrate that religion?

I wonder how they enjoy the rights they have as an American without realizing the cost involved with keeping that flag flying?

I wonder if they go to a bank flying the American flag to cash their paycheck?

The other points about the uniform and fire station are perfect, if they refused to ride the rig, I'd charge em and fire em. I'd love to see a judge or the ACLU find a way for a government service not to be able to fly a flag.

Comment

Unfortunately this country was founded on freedom of speech and religion. While I don't agree with these two men who are doing this...I feel if we tell them they don't have the right then we are doing more harm. Now is the time to stop the hate in this country. We need to come together for the good of the nation and one another and not allow negative people to distract us from that goal. Let them stay behind if they don't like the flags on the trucks..the flags represent our nation and our fallen brothers and sisters and I can't see that being against any religious belief. We are not a perfect nation, but I wouldn't give up being an American and raising that flag high above me for anything. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
                    Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

>>I dont agree with them...but if we take away their rights due to their religious beliefs what are we saying. Is that not like Bin Ladan and Hussein?<<

I think everyone is entitled to thier beliefs, thier rights to do things different, UNTIL they strip me of my rights. If thier religious beliefis not to ride on a vehicle that supports a U.S. flag, then don't ride on it, find something else to do. BUT don't silence the voice of those who do want to heard. If it is their right to protest this, it is just as much the other's right to be heard by flying that flag. I'll be damned if I'd ride on a truck/engine that didn't fly a flag at this moment in our history. Democracy rides on the fact that not everyone will be heard, but that the majority is heard. The majority has spoken, the rest can deal with it. In respecting another's beliefs I should not have to silence my mine.

Comment

Why not put them at a desk job until they can figure out what religion in this world tells one not believe in a flag. I think they that they are a bunch of wennies that should be filing papers until they retire!
                        I just don't get it. I have been around the world and worked with a lot of different individuals from different countries and religions but none that say anything against working somewhere because of a flag.
                        My question to them is what flag would they want to be flown? Maybe we should start issuing each person their own flag when they come to work as we do with the other stuff we give them. What F-ing planet are these people from? Tell them to either ride the damn fire truck and be greatful they have GD job or go find somewhere else to work. The freaking national economy is going out the flipping window and these dumb***es are complaining about a flag being flown by the very employer that puts food on the f-ing table and pays their MF mortgages. You bunch of ungreatful SOBs. Pack your trash and find another job that does not have a flag pole at it and shut the F up!!!
                        To everyone else have nice day and thank a vet for the flag you fly!

Matt

Comment

The last time I checked, most fire apparatus in the United States was owned by the citizens of the United States or by companies under contract to cities within the United States, so if the citizens of Miami want American flags on their apparatus, these two clowns need to be on them when they leave the firehouse displaying whatever the citizens demand. The constitution guarantees them freedom of speech and expression not the freedom to refuse to work because of some political statement they want to make nor does it guarantee them the right to work. If Miami has a Chief with "b***s he'll order the flag left on an discipline them when they refuse to work. Period!

Comment

i got the answer to all your problems give em a choice they can ride on the nice new shiney Fire truck or (you guys will love this)(go out and buy this) 1964 old beater fire truck with no USA flag . heck if our dept had a new truck i don't care if it had a canadian mexico or whatever flag on it i'd ride in it no problem.

Comment

Who asked them what they wanted or thought? I refuse to ride a truck with ignorant *******s. Is that a legitimate request? I say write them up for insubordination. If they don't have the decency to be patriotic at a time like this, **** THEM! It is pieces of **** like these that cause great things to crumble!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X