This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our efforts...

Hope everybody is having the support we got in Reno.
    http://www.rgj.com/news/stories/news/1000788969.php
    Fire service survival tips:
    1) Cook at 350...
    2) Pump at 150...
    3) When in doubt, isolate and deny entry...
    4) When in trouble, claim lack of adult supervision.

That is awesome! Good job, Nevada Firefighters! I'm trying to get the ball rolling in my department on doing this also.
    Living the dream...

Comment

Just do it, bro, just do it!

Get a few guys together, get one of the "cool" Battalion Chiefs to let you slip out with a reserve rig and head to where the people are! A mall, a grocery store, one of your town's tourist attractions, just wherever the people are.

What business in the world is going to not give you 10 of their parking spaces at a time like this? You'll have no problem getting permission to set up somewhere. Just as soon as you get there, call every radio station and TV station in town and ask them to get the word out.

Before long, it'll be a "department sponsored event" and dozens of off duty guys will be showing up to help. That's sort of how it happened here.

Make up some signs to let the people know the money's going to help the NYC firefighter's families. Hang a few American Flags off the rig. Get out there in uniform shirts or union shirts and turnout bottoms (liner's removed if it's hot) and put your helmet's on if they're not too uncomfortable.

Talk to the people. Tell them how we're all in this together and the FDNY ahd a lot of father;ess kids to raise now. Then watch the boots fill up!

Once you've done all you think you can, count up all that money and send it to the following:

Widows & Children's Fund
      c/o FDNY Uniformed Firefighter's Association
      204 East 23rd Street
      New York, NY 10010

I guarantee you'll feel better for it!

Firebraun
      Fire service survival tips:
      1) Cook at 350...
      2) Pump at 150...
      3) When in doubt, isolate and deny entry...
      4) When in trouble, claim lack of adult supervision.

Comment

Outstanding.....Our hats are off to you!
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        ------------------------------
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X