Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yield Right-of-Way to all "sirens".....

Throughout the week that has passed, I have cried and sent up prayers for families and friends of lost ones. The pain is no less for people that I do not know personally, than it was when I have had members of my own family in pain or pass over to the next life. I know our hearts must all be connected by some invisible heartstrings because my heart physically aches for everyone affected.

I have been to other web pages and this morning a thread was started that pointed out something so true. People started admitting openly and appologizing that they were guilty of this act. What I am talking about is the act of not pulling over to the side so that fire, police, etc. were able to get through traffic easier.

One man said he was normally in a rush himself, and that "they could always use another lane". Too many people think like this man. What would happen if everyone thought the same? As one woman pointed out, what if they were on their way to your house, and your son and wife were still asleep as you hurried on your way, and what if YOU were part of the reason they didnt get there in time? How stark that is.

Another man left a quote from a poem written by a fellow fireman that said: " I wish you could know the frustration I feel in the cab of the engine, ther driver with his foot pressing down hard on the pedal, my arm tugging again and again at the air horn chain, as you fail to yield right-of-way at an intersection or in traffic. When you need us, however, your first comment upon our arrival will be, "It took you forever to get here!" .

We may be stuck here in our cities and suburbs of different states and countries and unable to get to NY, or PA or DC or Washington state to help out like our
    heartstrings are telling us to do. But, we
    are NOT helpless. Although it may seem a small act in light of what the world is grasping now, it may save a brother or mother or small child if you just think about giving Respect and Authority and the Right-of-Way to the men and women who in every city of every town in every country, try to save the lives of people everyday.
    It could be the life of someone YOU Love.
    Ravyn,
    Ohio

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X