This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War

We all know that our great nation is at war with an unknown and unseen foe, and I personaly agree with that. However couldn't the mopney be better spent helping the rescue effort at the WTC? And what do they meen "no help needed in New York? 300 of our brothers and sisters are now gone who is suposed to do their job? The wall street traders? I know that should it be needed my department has promised one type 1 structure unit and a crew of seven to be deployed where ever needed so how can we be told that they dont need help when we have been asked to help.

in custer
    C. Coates
    Custer Fire Cadets
    Custer South Dakota

Put it in perspective, fireman.

However couldn't the mopney be better spent helping the rescue effort at the WTC?
    No money today is going to make a difference. Congress has already authorized $20,000,000,000 dollars for defense & recovery. That is the money that will reimburse on going operations at WTC and the Pentagon.

And what do they meen "no help needed in New York? 300 of our brothers and sisters are now gone who is suposed to do their job?
    The 11,100 remaining uniformed members of FDNY and if needed help from the tens of thousands of career and volunteer firefighters within even a 50 mile radius of the city -- yes, I said 10s of 1000s. You're looking at the area of the country with the highest density of FDs and staffing in the nation, if not the world.

I know that should it be needed my department has promised one type 1 structure unit and a crew of seven to be deployed where ever needed so how can we be told that they dont need help when we have been asked to help.
    Please don't take this wrong, but Good Morning Campers...there is no need for a single engine company from South Dakota to go to New York. Draw a 200 mile circle around NY, and you'd have enough apparatus to put a fire truck at every other intersection in the city...and the FDs could still cover their home turf. And no, I don't think I'm exagerating!

You're standby and offers to assist aren't unappreciated, it just isn't needed from that distance!
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
    Working...