This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payback Time

As a former full-time (now volunteer) firefighter, I, like everyone else, am deeply saddened by the loss my brothers and sisters in NY suffered as a result of this tragic event. It is a testament to the strength and dedication to duty of FDNY to be able to carry on in spite of their massive losses.

As a current USAF fighter pilot, I'm disappointed by not being able to help the FDNY bretheren in some direct capacity due to my military committments. However, I am looking forward to exacting some payback for their loss once my squadron is given the green light to participate in the coming military operations, whatever they may be.

I'm sure most of you have seen footage of the Desert Storm airwar where fighter jets taxiing by the camera have an 8"x10" US flag on the left console above the instrument panel. Pilots make and laminate their own flags for this purpose, for patriotic purposes. Today, I've made my own "flag" to display when I take the mighty A-10 Warthog into any upcoming combat. My flag is an enlarged crest of the FDNY, and will fly proudly in the position of respect on my instrument panel. And it will bear witness to the payback by American bombs rained downed by me; a payback which every hero, living and deceased, of NY deserves. It's the least I can do from wherever my unit may be based. Right now it's the most direct form of comtribution and respect, other than the monetary donations, that I can offer to their memories.

May all the fallen heros rest in peace.

Mike Daftarian, 1LT, USAF
    354th Fighter Squadron
    Davis-Monthan AFB, Arizona

If you could...
    please address one bomb or missile from me!
    thanks.
    Be safe brothers

Comment

Mike -

All of my best wishes and prayers go with you, brother. Give 'em hell when you finally get the chance to rain down American justice.
      "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

Mike, get some for us, Brother. If you get a chance put " from IAFF Local 1984" on the nose of one! THANK YOU!!

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: D Kelly ]

[ 09-17-2001: Message edited by: D Kelly ]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...