This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks FEMA!!

The FEMA Director... Joe All (something)... forgive me for forgetting his name... Was just on TV giving an interview... He made a remarkable statement. Wish I could quote it, although hpefully we will all see it over and over.

Something to the effect of FF's are remarkable individuals. Doing our jobs day in and day out, making too little money, dealing with budget cuts tiem and time again, and still there to serve all of us. We need to thank each and every one of them for what they do.

If someone thanks you, be sure to say you're welcome. I know it's not easy, I have trouble too, but it's time for the American Fire Service to take some of the credit we deserve, because we do take risks no one else does, and I for one am tired of begging for the right tools to do the job when the cops are getting Billions of dollars every year!

Saw the same broadcast. Along with what was stated by the poster.

He stated that they are the first to put their lives in jeopardy and the first to suffer budget cuts. This must stop! He was very blunt about the budget cuts in emergency services by cities.

Comment

If I am quoting this right (might be paraphrased a little)..."first in line to receive budget cuts, last in line to receive recognition"
      IACOJ Agitator
      Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Comment

Great news to hear!!I know everyone is polarized on NFPA 1710 and all but wouldnt it be nice to see staff levels rise and budgets rise with them?No more robbing Peter to pay Paul.Hopefully.Stand tall and proud brothers,we are American Firefighters!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X