This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-11 The irony of the date.

I've never been more angry or proud than I've been the past two days.

Lieutenant, I'm sure I speak for all of us here on the forums in expressing our relief you're OK. It made my heart raise a notch to see your screen name come up!

Once again, the fire service will rise to meet this, the most difficult of challenges as the next few weeks unfold in New York.

Matt Kivela
    FF/EMT, Mortlake Fire Company
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Comment

Engine 229LT...thank God you are safe...our heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to the brave men and women of the FDNY, FDNY EMS, NYPD and the NY/NJ Port Authority, who made the supreme sacrifice on 11 September 2001.
      ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
      Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

E229Lt....well....strange things bring us together. I wondered when I was watching it unfold if you were there. I also have a friend there I have not heard from Joel Kanasky...I am sure it is just a name to you but I watch and read with a very anxious feeling.

God bless you guys up there. I want so bad to be there to help. I am sure they would nto let me in.
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

E229lt
          I am relieved to hear that you are not among the missing. Please know that we all stand with the FDNY ready to give assistance if needed.
          Shawn M. Cecula
          Firefighter
          IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

Comment

Lt. I'm glad you are alright... I sat in shock in school as we were watching the news about the first crash and saw live as the second plane flew right into the building... We all sat there in disbelief at what was right before our eyes... I am so mad and so deeply saddened by the events that have unfolded. 200 + brothers whom I respected more than anything for being with one of the best departments in the U.S.; not to mention the many many loyal police officers, ems workers and port authority officials... I'm sorry to hear of your cities great losses and wish I could be up there to help in any way possible... I'm encouraging everyone here to donate blood and platlates just in case it is needed... Maybe we can donate it with the request that it is sent to NY for the FDNY,NYPD,and port authority survivors. That would work... Every little bit helps... I'm so very sorry for all that has happened My prayers are with you all....Surviving, trapped, dead, whatever.

I have a quick question.... How can I find out if someone has survived or not, like the people that got out before the collapse.... My girl's dad was on the 110th floor of the North Tower and we haven't heard a word from him... He was visiting his brother who worked there.... Any chance that they might have gotten out and are now in the hospital with injuries sustained in the ensuming collapse? I NEED WORD ASAP... PLEASE ANY HELP IS GREAT...

Mitch Jefferies is his name
            Adam Spencer
            Cadet Firefighter/First Responder
            Nixa Fire District
            Nixa MO 65714

Comment

We stand ready to respond and help in any way.

There will be NO 911 for the perpetrators to call once we get hold of them.

Stay safe, E229lt.
              I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire engine.

--Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Adam,

I wish I could tell you more but try this link for information:
                http://www.ny1.com/ny/TopStories/Sub...entintid=16017

Comment

e229lt....

drop me an [email protected]

We started off on a bad note.. Realize how stupid we can be..

My son may come there from virginia when they have the memorial services and i may also. would like for him to meet u and i would like to also....
                  09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
                  IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
                  "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
                  BMI Investigator
                  The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X