This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Fire Fighter Programs?

How many colleges do you know of that have a student firefighter program. I know of one that currently has this program and it just so happens to be where I really want to go after I finish this year at a junior college. The only problem is that they are considering dumping the program. I have already applied for this position for next year, but they may not have it next year! I would really like to be part of a program like this though! Does anyone know of other fire departments that have similar programs?

[ 09-06-2001: Message edited by: KBWVFD #8 ]
    Volunteer(noun): Completely Under-paid Professional

I'm am a jnior college student about to transfer to a Auburn University and I have heard they have such a program but I'm not real sure. If they have the program I will most likely do that when I go to school...

Comment

University of Alaska Fairbanks has a Student FF program, that is what I plan on doing next year.

Comment

Florida has a fire College....run by Bureau of fire standards and training... 352-732-1330
        09-11 .. 343 "All Gave Some..Some Gave ALL" God Bless..R.I.P.
        ------------------------------
        IACOJ Minister of Southern Comfort
        "Purple Hydrant" Recipient (3 Times)
        BMI Investigator
        ------------------------------
        The comments, opinions, and positions expressed here are mine. They are expressed respectfully, in the spirit of safety and progress. They do not reflect the opinions or positions of my employer or my department.

Comment

If you are looking for a B.S. in fire science try the University of Maryland University College. I can even set you up with free housing, email me.

Comment

Like ggtruckie, if your looking for a BS in fire Science from maryland, I can help set you up in housing in one of the PG county stations while you attend school. Just let me know.
            Brookside Engine Company, (NJ)-Captain
            Morristown(NJ) Fire Department-FF
            Mendham Township First Aid(NJ)-EMT- Officer

These views are my own and do not reflect those of these departments

Comment

There's also a variety of programs in Fire Science at the University of New Haven in CT, however, their afflilations with area fire dept.'s isn't even close to UMD (unless things have changed in the last 4 years).

1-800-DIAL-UNH...
              "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
              -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

Well, I was looking for something a little closer to home(Illinois), but if worse comes to worse, I'll give you a hollar!
                Volunteer(noun): Completely Under-paid Professional

Comment

Like said before, most of the fire departments that surround U of MD have live in positions for students. You get free room and board and free fire training. Check out Berwyn Heights VFD web page for info and to view our apparatus.
                  THE ABOVE REFLECTS MY OPINIONS AND IN NO WAY REFLECTS THOSE OF MY DEPARTMENT.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X