What do you guys do when you open a new fire station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do when you open a new fire station

Whenyou guys open a new fire station what did you do??

did you have aprande of fire trucksor a robin cutting
    Firemen and Emts
    God bless them

About five years ago we moved into our new station. If I remember right, our dispatch paged out a fake call regarding the move to the new station. We manned all the trucks and drove them down the road to our new station; it was quite the feeling knowing we would never return home again to that building.

Once we got to the new station we all put our gear in our new stalls and received a key. A week or so later we had an official grand opening which consisted of a truck parade with mutual aid departments (our members marched too). The parade route originated from our first station, went by our second station, and then ended at our new station (we only have one station in total, we have gone through two and are on our third, this one will last a long time though, the next station would be a sub station or another full sized one if it ever happens).

Once we got back to the station we had a ribbon cutting ceremony and an open-house for the general public and the other mutual aid departments.

Comment

made a movie with speed up acction of the station being built,then with words scrolling up the screen when we aswnered our last call from the old and when we ran our first from the new
      also had a open house a month later
      still miss the old station
      i really grew up in the old station
      from the day i came home from the hospital to the day we moved
      i probaly will always miss our old station
      stay safe,have fun,be healthy
      2197 10-8<br />stay safe have fun stay healthy<br />
      nc firefighter/emt-d
      RFB-FTM

Comment

The last station "grand opening" we had was for a refurbished station. The station invited the community to come out for station tours and a cook out. They had some of those rental "fun house" games and had all the trucks on display. The chief and several officers as well as the media were there. It did a lot for community relations.
        Stay safe.
        Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

We had a ribbon cutting.
          LADIES LOVE ME.
          FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Comment

Don't know... a new station would be nice though
            Alan Romania, CEP
            God bless America and those who stand with us
            God have mercy on those who stand against us.

Comment

well...we hyped it up in the media, on opening day we put a our newest truck (2) and one of our newest engines and then when the media leaves, we put a 1975 Mack in the stall........makes sense doesnt it?? Oh what taxpayeres would do if they only knew!
              stay safe
              Its not something you do,
              Its something you are.
              "Whether we bring the terrorists to justice, or we bring justice to the terroists...Justice WILL BE DONE"... President Bush
              Engineer
              Engine Co. # 1
              THESE ARE JUST MY OPINIONS AND OPINIONS ONLY!!!

Comment

if i remember right (this was about 4-5 years ago)
                the local newspaper came and did a good size write up and took some pics and put it in the paper.
                we had a "open house" where the public could come in and look around look at the trucks i think we might have had cookies and juice. and i think we gave away a BUNCH of smoke detectors. other than that i don't remember much.

Comment

Mostly answer and endless string of questions:

How much did it cost?

Why did you build it?

Where did the money come from?

Why did you pick the color white?

Whats this thing do?

How much did it cost?

Did you realy need it?

Where did the money come from?

on and on and on....
                  -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
                  -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Comment

We're currently in the process of building a new station. The most common comment we hear is how "it doesn't fit in with the rest of the downtown." (early 1900's) Jeez. We're building a fire station, not a friggin' museum.

I'm not sure what we're going to do for the grand opening. It's still 8 months down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Romania2
                      Don't know... a new station would be nice though
                      ....and thats no lie !
                      IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                      Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                      ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                      RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                      LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                      I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                      "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                      http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Move in and get to work!
                        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

I'm probably not the one to ask

Well, we're still protecting some 12 square miles and 15,000 people with one station... Waiting on the promise made to tear down the current one and build two new ones. I think the problem has something to do with a lack of money. Of course, the city just took ownership of a $1.6 million park. It's good to know that folks have priorities.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo
                            Move in and get to work!
                            Aaaaah, you beat me to it
                            A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Comment

We had a ribbon cutting and an open house. We pushed one truck into the garage and called it open. Had a great showing form the community. Plan on doing open houses twice a year just to bring them back. Good luck at the new station. Just strange are call volume jumped as soon as we moved in.
                              Training does not make perfect. Training makes permanent!

IACOJ probie

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X