This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proudest moment

what is your proudest moment in your emergency services career? mine was helping to bring a baby into this world in a hospital parking lot.

Without a doubt, it would be the first rescue I made. 3 year old boy from a bedroom fire. 3rd degree on his head and face and upper torso. With a lot of surgery and rehab he turned out OK. We have all saved people from heart attacks and car wrecks, but for some reason, none are as fulfilling as a rescue from a fire.

Comment

there has to be a few proud moments that ive come across only being a vol firefighter for a year and a half. one was climbing up the 95' tower ladder on a cold night in front of my company, another was completing a flawless fire school evolution after a few less productive sessions.

Comment

For me it was when the Chief shook my hand and handed me my badge.
        FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

My proudest moment was when I had just moved back into my hometown joined The F.D. my brother was chief my father was the FTO I am the baby boy.. It was a garage fire 2 cars inside threatening a structure My brother and my self we on the front 2 attack lines kicking *** after the main body of fire was knocked down I looked back and my father was sitting on the tailboard of the truck watching us and just nodded at me that meant the world to me because that was his way of saying good job son!! In the end 2 cars a garage lost 1 house saved!! I will remember that split second moment until the day I die!!!

Stay safe my brothers
          TC.379

Comment

1993 firefighters banquet, I was awarded the Firefighter of the Year award, which I had no idea I was in the running for it.

Then, this past February, accepting my 10 year pin award, along with the Bronze firefighter statue.

Little things like this can go a long way!

There were plenty of calls where I cherished the moment, and that to me, is the positive side of being a firefighter.

Take Care and Be Safe
            John Williams
            NRFF1
            City of Clairton
            Fire / EMS

Comment

i have two
              cheif shakeing my hand as i joined
              the second was haveing my dad a twenty year vet saying he was pround of me on a call
              stay safe,have fun,stay healthy
              2197 10-8<br />stay safe have fun stay healthy<br />
              nc firefighter/emt-d
              RFB-FTM

Comment

Plucked a guy from some scaffolding around a church steeple that had been electrocuted.....got to the guy fast, worked on him, brought him down the stick. He's walking around today talking about.

Comment

My volunteer company worked an accident, 9 year old male vs Suburban. I held c-spine and talked to the kid while he was being prepared for transport. He was really scared, but, calmed down a lot when I kept talking to him. A few days later, he and his father came to the station to thank us and had even made a "Thank you" card.
                  Bless all of our Fallen Brothers and Sisters. You will not be forgotten

Comment

Watching FF's that worked on my company since they hired on or for most of their time, and that I've helped train, get promoted and be good engineers and company officers.

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: mongofire_99 ]
                    It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

Anytime anyone (fellow ffs, the public, a little kid, a police officer, a by stander, etc.) thanks me for a job well done, I am proud of what I do. And anytime I get to work with the guys on my department to get the job done and then we all go home at the end of the day....that is what it is all about.

Personally - last year when I recieved the TOP GUN award at my company. It was a real honor.
                      Never forget those who went before and sacrified to make us better and stronger as a fire service and a nation. 09-11-01 forever etched in time and our memories. God Speed Boys!

Comment

The day I got hired. There have been many close seconds but none have beat it yet.
                        Alan Romania, CEP
                        God bless America and those who stand with us
                        God have mercy on those who stand against us.

Comment

You know, I think I'd like to add a few more. Even though they seem to contradict, I don't mean them that way.

Leading the company into the battle. (I guess not so much proud as honored with this one.)

Watching the fire go out quickly without me when we're first-in on the attack, or the patient gets extricated in short order. (To me, this all means my company has got their act together.)
                          It's only my opinion. I do not speak for any group or organization I belong to or associate with or people I know - especially my employer. If you like it, we can share it, you don't have to give me credit. If you don't, we are allowed to disagree too (but be ready to be challenged, you may be on to something I'm not). That's what makes America great!

Comment

We had a rather bad MVA last November, in fact, the hardest extrication I have done to date (excluding some scenarios we practice). It took us 40 minutes to cut the unresponsive 17 year old from her vehicle. A few days later, her father phoned and told us she had massive neck and back injuries, was wearing a back plate and halo-harness. The doctors had told that had we not done our job as well as we had, his daughter wouldn't be able to walk. He phoned to thank us for a job well done.

A few months ago, he phoned again. This time to tell us that his daughter had made a full recovery, and was looking forward to playing field hockey in the upcoming school year. My department runs a lot of MVAs, but no one ever lets us know how the PTs come out of it. It was nice to know we made the difference. When things go bad, the entire department looks back at that call, and we all remember why we are there.

Remember, it’s for keeps out there. Be safe, and keep your visor down.
                            "No one ever called the Fire Department for doing something smart..."

Comment

Everytime we go on a run and things go just the way it was meant to be, not as often as we all like it. Makes you feel proud to be part of a real team when things fall into place on an incident.

Most recent would be last week when we extricated a unresponsive female from a wreck and call to in hospital time was less than 30 min, everyone did a good job from EMS,FIRE and the helicopter crew.
                              Firefighter/CCEMT-P
                              May we ride into the darkness only to return as safe as we started!!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X