Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

911, just remember that chart doesn't stand alone -- all those suctions have to be off the same side of the truck.

It's an alternate -- either your full capacity through a single intake, -or- through the size & number listed -as long as- there all on the same side of the truck.

A typical 1750 mid-mount pump has one intake on the drivers side, one on the passenger so it must be capable to do capacity through a single suction.

This also explains why most of the pics I've seen of trucks with very large pumps have them rear mounted -- all the suctions come off the back i.e. all off one side.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Comment

Dalmation90-

I was not aware of that, the only thing I can remember is reading the chart on suction tubes, I'll have to check my nfpa book agian when I get home.

Thanks anyway for the input!!!!
      Firefighter/CCEMT-P
      May we ride into the darkness only to return as safe as we started!!

Comment

14-2.4.2*
        The pump manufacturer shall certify that the pump is capable of pumping rated capacity at 150 psi (1035 kPa) net pump pressure at any of the following special conditions when these conditions are specified by the purchaser:
        (1) At an elevation above 2000 ft (610 m)
        (2) At lifts higher than those listed in Table 14-2.4.1(a) or through more than 20 ft (6 m) of suction hose, or both
        (3) For pumps having a rated capacity of 1500 gpm (5678 L/min) or larger, through a single suction hose only, or through the number of hose listed in Table 14-2.4.1(a) attached to one side of the apparatus only

Comment

If you don't want to take time to take your intake off just turn the piece around and use the capped suction.While it is true pumps are rated for one side suction on short lifts you CAN gain volume by utilizing both suction ports.T.C.

Comment

The easiest way is to have valves on your steamer ports, thats what we did an our last tender. Nobody seems to do that though.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X