X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romania2
    replied
    Well, I know the type you are talking about. I found it very comical when a new EMT showed up to a stand by event with a full duty belt (the kind PD officers wear minus the firearm) and a full sized fanny pack that I swear to this day weighed in more than my ALS jump kit does . Oh yeah, he was a first resonder also. I once wore a trauma holster when I worked on the ambulance... but I kept taking it off and leaving it on the dash or in the back of the ride so I never had it when I needed it (onscene) so I switched to a small fanny pack that is the norm for almost all fire medics and emts here in the valley (and I still leave it on the rig on most calls ).

Leave a comment:

replied
    From a recovered woo woo, a lot of us go through that batman ems utility belt phase where we HAVE to have EVERYTHING right with us or we felt like we were a pox on the ems community. Don't you know that if we have EVERYTHING right THEN right THERE that we were just the bomb, medics would love us, cherubs would sing, the clouds would part and we would SAVE the world? After one to many times of forgetting my "pouch" when we would get a call while I was in the bathroom, I ditched it and now I just take what I need from the rookie.
    By the way, didn't Rickey Responder and the Woo Woos open for Elvis???????

[ 09-04-2001: Message edited by: firebear235 ]

Leave a comment:

• Wayne S. Hocking
    replied
    Great story! You guys are great! This is probably the best story I've read all year!

Leave a comment:

• emsbrando
    replied
    Hi Waterboy620:

I was there just killing time for a while. My Fiancee is a Postmaster in East Texas and she had to go to the district office in Coppel for a meeting.

I never ate there, but I heard it was good. Next time I'll have to try it.

Keep it safe.

Ed Brando

Leave a comment:

• rcbadabing182
    replied
    good story waterboy

Leave a comment:

• waterboy620
    replied
    Hey emsbrando, thats the store I got it at. The all mighty Bass Pro Shop. Have you been to the steak resturant there? Its very good but kinda expensive. They also brew their own beer. Beer, guns, dead animal heads, bass boats....its a redneck walmart. As if walmart wasnt redneck alredy.

Leave a comment:

• emsbrando
    replied
    She probably left the belt pouch for her lifepak-12 at home.

Hey Adam, we have a temple of fishing here in Texas. It is near the Grapevine Mills Mall in Coppell. It's a pretty big store.

Ed Brando

Leave a comment:

• rs225
    replied
    well what can i say if you belong to a fire dept and you arent proud enough to wear firefighter t-shirts other such goodies than i think you need to quit and find something less in the spotlight.............like stocking selfs at the grocery store.!

Leave a comment:

• ENGDOC
    replied
    dude,thanks for the laugh, we had a guy that had so much stuff on his belt we'd leave the jump bag!

Leave a comment:

• toneloc177
    replied
    . . . EMS, where the men are men, and so are the women! NYC*EMS

Leave a comment:

• NFD270
    replied
    WA WA WAIT A MINUTE.... YOU GUYS CAME TO THE TEMPLE OF FISHING.... IN SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI AND YOU DIDN'T COME VISIT ME!!!!! YOU GUYS....THATS MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN COME ON!!!! I HAVE THE HOOK UP....%50 percent off and all kinds of cool stuff like that over there...... WHERE DO YOU GET OFF NOT COMING TO PICK ME UP BEFORE YOU WENT!!! LOL.......

AND YES GONZO... I THINK THAT ALBUM WENT PLATINUM ALONG WITH

YOU CAME WHELEN INTO MY HEART

Leave a comment:

• truckie_ladderco_147
    replied
    Funny story but I asked myself why make fun of the guy on your shift with all the toys?You say you had to ask him for a flashlight?I suppose you say that about us guys with the truckie belts and extra lights We only carry them so you guys can ask us to borrow them you know the extra light the extra axe.But then I got to thinkin now that you have one of these no all your buddies(well former buddies welcome to the woo woo squad) will ask you for your extra lights
    But the heavy gal with the uniform and all blows my mind! Like the bus doesnt come with all that stuff anyways.Plus love the blood pressure cuff story.
    Well anyhow have fun and no you didnt make me mad I could care less lol I deal with some of these guys on a daily basis(we have a ESDA unit nearby )

Leave a comment:

• ceno2749
    replied
    You guys are funny. I had a crappy day at work, needed a laugh, and you guys gave it to me! Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Gonzo
    replied
    Didn't Ricky Responder and the WooWoos have a hit record back titled I'd Wind My Q for You in the '80s?

Leave a comment:

• medic3401
    replied
    That's alot of stuff to carry on her person. She left one thing out though. Knew a guy who carried a BP cuff in a pouch on his belt and would hang the gauge on either his collar or his lapel for all the world to see! I found that to be amazing!!!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X