This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *LODD* FDNY

Approx. 15 minutes ago,WABC (Channel 7) News has just confirmed that a FDNY Firefighter has died at a fire in Staten Island. They gave no further details as of yet, other then 6 Firefighters and 2 Paramedics were also injured. The extent of their injuries is also unknown at this time.
    If I hear any further I will attempt to post it. The fire is still being attempted to be extinguished at this time.

Hearts, thoughts and prayers are going to our Brothers, Sisters and families of the Brother in FDNY tonight and the others injured. We are thankful today for the safe return of some Brothers from Midvale city Utah who were in a collapse at a warehouse fire this afternoon.

You all stay safe!

*Mark

Comment

It breaks my heart to see that the FDNY has suffered yet another loss. My thoughts and prayers are with the dept. and the family at this time. Even though I live in NC, I am originally from Newburgh NY. I still have family and many friends in the Hudson Valley . Say safe my friend. rm41

Comment

Let's all be a little bit safer out there, and take an extra second to catch our breath, take a look at the whole picture, and act accordingly.

Yes, he was a rookie (proby or probie, however you prefer to spell it), and from what the reports said has always wanted to be a fireman. Maybe his adreneline went into overdrive, and as one person said, 'his brain was writting checks that his body couldn't cash.' Don't know. I know there have been times when I've pushed myself past my limitations, and had to take a few minutes to recoup, but I've been lucky so far.

Lets try to operate within our limitations.

My sympathies to his family who will have an unborn child, and two year old fatherless, and a wife without a companion, other than the fire department.
        May God bless all the people and families who have lost
        their lives on 9-11-01, to those also lost on Flight 587, and to the rescuers who responded to both.

"I'm not saying it's right, i'm just saying (the way it is)."

FDNY-EMS - Still New York's Best!

e-mail always accepted @
        [email protected]

Comment

He had a heart "condition" and died of a heart attack -- isn't something wrong there? I feel sorry for his family.
          "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
          -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X