This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder Safety

Anyone catch the AP photo over the weekend of a Penns Twp. PA firefighter falling off a ladder. According to the caption, the hose line he was operating from the ladder had too much pressure and knocked him off. He sustained a broken leg.
    The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Yea I caught it. I wonder if
    1) If he was not leg locked in when line was charged
    2) He was in the process of locking in and line was accidently pressurized.
    The views and opinions expressed herin are my personal views and opinions and not those of any organization, department I may belong to or represent

Comment

Amazing picture, looked like the ladder and the other guy were going to go if we got to see the next frame.

Comment

What paper did you see it in? I have been trying to find it on line, but no luck. I saw it in Trenton Times.

I wonder why he was on ladder with the line....

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: no_name_FF ]
        The above is MY OPINION only and not that of anyone else. I am not representing any organization in making a post here!!!!

Comment

I thought the same thing, but then I saw the way the hose was pointed. The guy seemed to fall to the left, but the hose was also pointed left. Maybe he just lost his footing.

But I would suspect that he may not have leg-locked before opening the bale or the bale may have been open when the line was charged as he was getting into position to leg-lock. Any way it happened, it sucks.
          "Let's roll." - Todd Beamer, one of a group of American soldiers who handed the terrorists their first defeat.

Joe Black

The opinions expressed are mine and mine alone (but you can borrow them )and may not reflect those of any organization with which I am associated (but then again, they just may not be thinking clearly).

Comment

I got the picture out of the Miami Herald last weekend and put it on the bulletin board at the station, hope that the firefighter wasn't hurt to bad. But a broken leg ain't a good thing. I hope that our guy's /gal's see it, and you can bet that we'll be looking for those leg locks in my Dept.

P.S. didn't see a leg lock on the firefighter below on the ladder either. Guess thats why they taught us to lock in.
            Keep it safe !
            paradise Firefighter

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...