This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masonic Firefighters (Freemasons)

I would like to know how many firefighters out here are freemasons, and/or what they think about Freemasonry? Also, if you are a Freemason and a Firefighter, please e-mail me your name, address, email, fire department, masonic lodge, and phone numbers. They are for a non published personal data base of brothers from both sides of life.

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: EXTRICATIONRESEARCH ]

I tried your e-mail, but it is blocked.

I have been a fire fighter since 69 and a Free Mason since 78.

If only the fire service was just partially the brotherhood that many claim it to be. Anyway, we know what it could be.

Comment

EXTRICATIONRESEARCH,

Unblock your e-mail and I'll send you the details.

Joe

Comment

Brothers,

Sorry, I did not know my email was blocked. I think I have fixed it but if not me email is [email protected]

Comment

I have to finish my degrees but we have a past master and a regular member of our local lodge with me on our dept.

Comment

The reason for the data base is, I will be taking a job where I will be going all over the usa. I would like to meet some time if in the area, maybe see the fire house or lodge, or if I can go to a lodge meeting. Just a thought.

Meet on the level, and that kind of stuff.

Thanks for your replys and I look forward to getting more.

Comment

Yeah, we got a couple of guys who work as bricklayers part time, they don't work for free though. Got a carpenter and drywall guy too. So why is it so hard to get repairs done around the firehouse?

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: NozzleHog ]

Comment

Ok, I'll stick my neck out here so it can be chopped off...

I am a little concerned with a "secret society" like the "freemasons." I have been asked to speak at a mason hall and found it very interesting that I was "restricted" to the basement. Then the question came up about fire inspections. The mason lodge has a meeting room that has an occupancy in excess of 50 people. In Ohio, that makes it a "place of assembly" and therefore should be inspected annually by a certified fire inspector. Well guess what? The "secret society" does not permit a non-member to view the secret chamber(s).

I suppose if the place catches on fire, they will have to hold some temporary membership ritual before we can go put out the fire and protect the occupants living in the apartments located in the same building!!!

I guess I am going to burn in hell since I don't know the secret handshake. Oh well, at least I am not afraid to allow ANYONE into the places where I choose to hold fellowship.

I am told that freemasonry is some form of religion. I prefer to have a place of worship where anyone can come in anytime and feel like they belong. When I show up at the Pearly Gate, I will tell St. Peter that I was not a mason because I did not want to hide my religion from the rest of the world.

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: MetalMedic ]
                Richard Nester
                Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

MetalMedic,

Thank you for your reply, I can understand why all of this sounds strange to you. I thought like you before I became a member. Look at some of the sites listed, and this may help you understand.Masonic Infothis is a good site for questionsNot a church

Comment

Originally posted by Extrication Research:
                    Look at some of the sites listed, and this may help you understand.Masonic Infothis is a good site for questionsNot a church
                    First, please do not take any offense... I have no reservations about someone being a mason and if membership fills a need you have, that is great!

I looked at the webpages, and I could find no explaination as to why a non-mason cannot enter the masonic lodge to perform a routine fire inspection. Such an inspection would not take place during the rituals, so the secret handshakes and passwords would be protected. All an inspector would be concerned with is if you have blocked fire exits, overloaded electrical circuits or improper storage issues. We even schedule such inspections, so the lodge could hide whatever it is that they don't want a non-member to see.

But, this apparently is not permitted either. The local lodge has solved this problem... one of their members is a Fire Safety Inspector. Of course, with all the secrecy, I don't trust this inspector to perform his task since there is no way to confirm his findings being that he is the only member of the department that is permitted to see inside the secret chambers....

[ 09-01-2001: Message edited by: MetalMedic ]
                    Richard Nester
                    Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

"People don't care what you know... until they know that you care." - Scott Bolleter

Comment

Metal, I can't speak for Ohio Lodges, but come over to Indiana and give my Lodge a good inspection any time you want. From top to bottom & inside to out. There is nothing there that I would not want you to see. We have ceremonies that the public is invited to attend. They are held in the Lodge room, not in the basement. Freemasonry is religious in nature, but is not a religion. Most of our members regularly attend the Church of their choice. Several of our members are Ministers of Churches of various demnominations. The Pastor of my Church and all of the Elders and all but one Deacon are members of my Lodge. We have both Protestant and Catholic members. Other Lodges in areas where other religions are established have members of those religions.

Comment

DD - It sounds like your Lodge is more how I would have hoped the local lodge would be. I don't mind them holding closed meetings when necessary, but the idea that a public official cannot enter the meeting hall at any time really bothers me. It is a shame since it is actions like this that gives your organization a bad name.

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: MetalMedic ]
                        Richard Nester
                        Orrville (OH) Fire Dept.

Comment

My lodge here in Rhode Island would let you walk all around the lodge, and we would even ask you to join us for dinner, but only when we are not in a meeting.

Comment

Masons and firefighters are a lot alike.
                            Both are brothers. Both have secrets.
                            The average person does'nt know the "secrects" of a being a firefighter. These secrets bind us together, and make us brothers.
                            Firefighters are not a "secret society" but we do have secrets.
                            Masons also are not a "secret society" but we do have secrets.
                            Want to know the secrets of a firefighter?
                            Ask one and become one.
                            Want to know the secrets of a freemason?
                            Ask one and become one.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X