Discharge mounted master stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discharge mounted master stream

Anyone ever see this or try it?...We just placed this 3,000 gallon tanker into service.. we wanted to mount a remote operated deck gun on it, but the cost is too much to eat right now..... We had a "Blitz-Lite" 500 GPM portable gun. I removed the legs and strap spool, added an extension about 5" long and threaded it onto a 2.5" discharge elbow direct off the panel.... Once you get used to it, it works great....We do use master streams on vehicle/equipment fires and also structures.... Volunteer dept, low on manpower at times, in particular pack certified members..... we sold a 30 year class A pumper just before we took delivery tanker. It had a deck gun, this seems to be quite a nice replacement at least for now.....Am I wrong? what do you folks think.

I guess my only concern is the weight of that Blitzfire on the piping. Could you make a suport leg to take the weight of it off from the discharge piping?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

The monitor is very light...less than 20 lbs I would say..even with water in it, those fittings should handle a lot. I've seen guys use them like steps and not break anything.

Comment

True enough, but you are not tsking into account the torque produced by the stream.
        Maybe it's not too late

Comment

Let me be clear, I'm not saying this is a bad idea. In fact its pretty ingenius.
          Maybe it's not too late

Comment

while it would have to be manned --try having a short section (appx 4 feet ) of 3" coupled -the engine will absorb most of the kick back --- great for a quick shot to darken something down , while stretching hand lines
            ?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X